brittany14
Has anyone ever seen deceased loved ones? or had unexplainable things happen to them? I really want to know my dogs okay but i've had nothing like that ever happen. is there anything i can do to have her get in touch with me so i know shes okay?
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Hi, Brittany14,

I have included a post I wrote on Friday, 21st November, which may give you a little comfort. I believe what happened to me was a sign from my adorable Solly. I called the post "The paw print, the rose bush, the robin, and the tree." Have a look and let me know your feelings. What I would say is when you get a sign, you just KNOW! My thoughts are with you.

Here is the post:

"Yesterday, I received a memorial stone for my beloved Solomon in the shape of a paw print. I have his ashes at home, but wanted to buy something to place under the rose bush in the garden, one of Solly's favourite spots, and the last place he lay before his final trip to the vet on 22nd September when I said goodbye.

I lay the stone under the bare rose bush; the day was brisk, but the sun shone brightly.

As I got down on my haunches to touch the stone, and spoke to my handsome friend with tears flowing freely, I heard a little tweet. I looked up to see a robin perched on the fence under the bush, it's breast a beautiful shade of red. It was the first robin I have seen this year. The bird was looking at me, cocking its little head, seemingly keeping me company and offering comfort. I felt a warmth in my gut and a little tingle down my spine. The tears stopped as I felt sure this was a sign. My beautiful Solly telling me all was well with his world. He is happy, free, loving his life, loving his owner. He is near me and always will be. He will never forget me, as I will never forget him.

I lightly touched the stone with my fingertips and stood up, fresh tears streaming down my face. As I did so, the robin flew to another part of the fence to sit under a bare tree with no leaves. This particular tree is another favourite spot where Solly used to lay. The happiness inside me grew as I watched my cute feathered friend hopping along the fence, his gorgeous red breast so striking, his tweets, joyous. The sobbing stopped again. Then off he flew, over the garden shed. It was as if he were waiting for me to stop crying.

I went out into the garden half an hour later and there was another robin (or the same one, that's what I think). First of all, he was under the rose bush and then once again, he flew under the tree. I verily believe – as crazy as it may sound – that the appearance of the robin was a sign from Solly, offering me his special friendship and unconditional love that he had given me for 11 years and 8 days.

This is the engraving on the paw print. If I can upload a picture, I will do, although I think the pic may be too large to upload.

SOLOMON
(Solly)
My deeply missed, faithful best friend
Eternally in my heart
Forever by my side
Loved, treasured ... never forgotten"
xxx

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
You will get a sign.  You just have to be open to it and not look too hard, but be aware.  My baby sent me several signs.  There was the rainbow at the right moment that sent me to Rainbows Bridge.  There was the eerie calm when the tornado hit my town 2 weeks later.  There was the lone butterfly that followed me around and let me pet it in front of my house when it was cold.  You get a feeling and you "just know".  Signs comfort you.  I was told to read "Pets, the Afterlife" and I promptly purchased it and read it.  It gave some wonderful accounts of pets and how they reach out to you.  I know my baby has contacted me to let me know she is fine.  You just have to recognize the signs.  I wish you peace...  Hugs.  When you get a sign, please let us know.  They are always so comforting

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
I have the Kindle version of "Pets and the Afterlife" and it is a real comfort to read. It is full of wonderful accounts of how pets reach out to you as Dalidog has said. I would recommend getting a copy for yourself. The book is a great inspirational help and assists you with the knowledge that our beloved fur babies are still around but in a different form.

I also agree with Dalidog that you shouldn't look too hard for a sign. The sign from my Solly last Thursday wasn't expected. I wasn't looking and praying for a sign, but the sign came and I knew it was a sign from my wonderful big man. Just go with the flow and the signs will come. Be receptive to them, they will happen.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
brittany14
Thank you both very much for answering my post i'm happy to hear that you both get signs from your loved ones to tell you that they are okay. i will try and find the book you were both telling me about and hopefully gain some more understanding on the matter.

Animal qwackers the story about the robin was very moving and it is so touching to know that even after your loved ones have passed on they still reach out to you to let you know that everything is okay, not to be sad and to comfort you when you're in pain.

Maybe one day i'll get a sign from my ANGEL but until then i'll take comfort in the fact that it does happen and i just have to be patient until shes ready.

Thank you both again for your help and i'm so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
brittany14
Well this morning at 3:15am (UK time) i went down stairs and sat on the settee as i could'nt sleep. I then started talking out loud to my ANGEL dog "if your there then please let me know and give me a sign your okay or please ask god to turn back time so i can see you again" i Waited 5 minutes or so but nothing happened. So i got up and decided to put a new battery in the clock, which had stopped working weeks ago at 11:50. I went over to the clock picked it up and i heard it ticking again (i'd not put the battery in yet) so thought it must have either started working  because the battery still had a bit more energy left in it or someone had already put a new battery in it. Anyway i looked at the time on the clock and it said 11:55 the actual time was 3:25am. Everyone had been in bed for hours and no one had come downstairs. I asked this morning if anyone had put a new battery in the clock and everyone said no. So either its just a MASSIVE COINCIDENCE or maybe she'd actually heard me and it was her way of letting me know she was okay. 

The clock is still ticking 4 and a half hrs later.
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Sounds like your baby was trying to tell you it's okay...  time goes on.  There are all kinds of ways they contact you and you know from the comfort you feel from the signs.  They are always so welcome and unexpected!  Hugs to you!    I never believed in contacts like that until my Dali reached out to me.  There was NO DOUBT.  Changes your whole perspective on life and afterwards.  Very comforting and calming. May your baby send you more signs.  You will know them also

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0