Lindsay21
I know the end is coming in the next few days if not sooner. I cry anywhere I am and I don't know how to stop crying because I love my dog so much. 13 year old Bernese mountain dog. Been with us since my first memories of life. I try so hard to not act sappy around her, but she's wheezing and depressed. Had the same issue a month ago, and then she was back to herself with less mobility, and I just need to accept it. I always think about doggie heaven and I want to her have to have the best time. I can't imagine getting another dog. How the heck do people do this?
Quote 0 0
sarab
I remember feeling numb one minute and being a sobbing mess the next leading up to Teddy's passing.  I honestly thought I was going to die because I hurt so much and couldn't accept what was happening.  I can empathize with what you are experiencing now and I hurt for you and wish you didn't have to go through this terrible hardship.  You came to the right place.  It won't change what you are going through but being here will let you know we all have walked in your shoes and understand your pain and care what you are going through.  I loved my 13 year old Teddy more than I could ever express and will miss him forever.  My heart still aches and always will.  Love your pup for as long as she is still with you.  With all my heart I believe we will see our beloved pets again in heaven so though this is painful, someday it won't be.  Again, I'm so sorry.  Really, I am.  Sara
Quote 0 0
Lindsay21
Sara,
Thank you very much for this, I really needed to read it. I am so grateful for every minute with my Baby. I'm positive that Teddy is no longer in pain and having a blast with all the other doggies up there. I hope my dear Echo gets the chance to play with everyone and enjoy herself. I believe that we are reunited with pets in heaven too, and that thought will always be in the back of my mind, every day. Again, thank you for your reply. It means a lot.
Lindsay
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Oh honey, I wish I had a snappy answer for you but there just isn't one.  It has been a year for me this Thanksgiving and I am still crying all the time for my baby. 

Try to think of your baby with my Molly having fun, playing and feeling GREAT.  I know Molly will be waiting for your baby when she crosses that Bridge.  Stay on this site and you will find the most wonderful people in the world who understand and will offer all the comfort possible.  There are never the "right" words to say, but please know that everyone here truly understands what you are going through.

I am sending you hugs and wishing you peace.
janice
Quote 0 0