BrendaLynn Show full post »
BrendaLynn
Hello James,Thank you so much for your very kind and very wise words of condolence. I am so sad to hear that you lost your precious Marmalade but Kid sounds like he came into your life just when you needed him the most and when he needed YOU the most. Kid is a very lucky and very precious kitten!Mary also came into my life when I needed her the most. My ex-husband had just told me he didn't love me anymore. Mary was a feral kitten that I actually took home the next day after my ex stabbed me in the heart! Mary was born in a colony of feral cats that had lived in an abandoned building beside the office I worked in. Thankfully we had ladies in our office who captured the kittens, looked after them and found them forever homes. I was lucky enough that Mary accepted me as her Mom. She purred and fell asleep the minute I picked her up. She adopted me. A memory I will cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you for sharing your loss of Marmalade. May Kid bring you much happiness, love and the friendship you deserve. Take care and stay safe.
Brenda Cleary
Quote 0 0
Annesmimi
I never had kids either so I can Totally relate. She was very special just like your Mary and yes they would want us to be strong like they are and were for us. Thank you for your support. Hugs and sweet dreams to you!!  
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
So sorry for your loss of Chloe, @Annesmimi. They are so very much a part of us. 
Quote 1 0
Sil
BrendaLynn,

I'm sorry for your great loss.  Every single member in this forum has lost a precious fur-feather-scale baby.  You are not alone, we all know how you feel.  You need to just take one-breath-at-a-time - even though the pain is immense, and you feel like you're drowning.  But, one thing, I'm 100% sure, your sweet baby would not want to see you hurting.  I know that at this moment, memories are painful - and looking at her/his belongings is plain torture..... but, all this pain in your heart is as big as your love for your sweet darling.  And your love and that great bond that you both shared will stay with you always.  Prayers
Quote 0 0
BrendaLynn
Hello Sil,Thank you very much for your understanding and sympathetic words of advice. It is a comfort yet still very sad knowing that so many wonderful people have experienced the deep sorrow and sadness that I am experiencing since I lost my sweet Mary. I know she would want me to be strong and I know she would be hurt if I broke my promise to her only a few hours before she left us to be with my Grandma Mary. I promised her I would be able to look after myself. That it was okay to say goodbye to me since I finally realized whe was suffering in silence to hide it from me. She cared about me and loved me as much as I cared about and loved her biut she was much stronger than me. She was my saviour...xoxoThank you again for your kind words. I am taking it one day at a time, remembering my promise to Mary...
Brenda Cleary
Quote 0 0
BrendaLynn
Hello Sil, It has been over two months since my last post. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to handle the loss of my dear sweet Mary any easier today than I did on April 14th. when I said goodbye to her. It was 12 weeks on July 7th. but it feels like 12 seconds. I have no idea how other pet owners who lose their pets move on with their lives. My life has changed drastically and not in a good way. I have had to reduce my work hours from 40 hours a week to 20 hours a week. I used to colour my hair to cover the grey. I stopped because I really don't care what I look like anymore. I used to love riding my bike at least once or twice per week, knowing I would be coming home to Mary. I have only ridden my bike 3X since Mary passed and it was not the same because she wasn't here when I got home. She used to greet me at the door. I wish I had someone close to me who could give me the support and comfort I need, but sadly I don't. I would love to know what the secret is to grieving the loss of a cherished pet while still living a somewhat normal life.
Brenda Cleary
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Hi Brenda,

I feel the same way. My life is just not the same anymore and i still miss my boy. It has now been 1 year 1 month and 3 weeks. My life does not have as much meaning as it did when my Marmalade was with me. I am very blessed to have my rescue cat KID however. He is a joy and has saved my sanity in some ways.

I hope you hang in there and continue to heal and hope you feel better.

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0
Monroegirl
It's been hard for me to move on. I could so easily decide to just not get up from the bed in the morning, but my teenagers keep me going. I've had several crying jags today because of memories that popped up on my Facebook. No one in my family quite understand the special bond that I had with my girl. My husband has had so much loss and tragedy in his life that I almost feel guilty for missing her so much. 

(((Hugs))) to you. I'm so glad that you made that promise to your sweet Mary....she wants you happy. 
Quote 0 0