AngelMarMar
This morning, 1/04/2020, I woke up to my best friend unresponsive in her dog bed. At first, it looked as though she was sleeping...

When I got closer, I noticed vomit and ran towards her to check her. She didn’t move...this wasn’t right. She responded to my slightest touch, always sensed me coming in the room and knew I was there. I pushed on her side, she was stiff and didn’t budge at all. I then noticed then pee all over her bed...she’d relieved herself and vomited, things weren’t looking good.

I panicked...shook her, tried to resuscitate her and she didn’t respond at all. She wasn’t breathing...I rushed her to the vet. She didn’t wake up in the car, with food next to her nose. She was gone and I knew it. I got to the vet...opened the passenger door and talked to her like she was still alive. Carried her through the rain to the vets front door, carrying her like she was alive...in my arms. People knew she wasn’t alive, I still had hope.

The vet took me in immediately, took her from my arms or more or less pried her...it was really hard to let her go...checked for a heart beat and confirmed there was none. Told me I had the option of cremating or taking home. My home is in Alabama and I live in Florida so I it wasn’t an option to bring my dead dog home for days until I could get her to alabama.

I went with cremation and opted to have a few minutes with my baby before leaving. I kissed her, rubbed her belly for a minute and rubbed her ears...told her that her g daddy, g mommy and so many others loved her. Told her I’d miss her for the rest of my life and see her again. Left her lying on the floor in a blanket, lifeless for the vets to do their process.

That was the second time in her life I’d ever left her at the vet without me. The first time was when she got a much needed surgery and it took all day and I had no choice. Thought that was the hardest day of my life...I was wrong...this was. I can’t believe I had to leave my baby there. I can’t believe she’s gone.

I thank god that I had here for almost 12 years. She was the greatest blessing of my life but I’m having a hard time letting her go. She was my everything and I’ll miss her eternally.
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I’m very sorry for your loss. She was a cutie. Love the photos. Hugs to you. We are all here to support each other.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
She was beautiful and I can tell she had a sweet spirit. She was well loved and well taken care of. Sorry for your loss...
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Kristy: I’m so sorry for your loss! What a beautiful girl! I love her photos! Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
AngelMarMar
Thank you all for your kind words and support, it’s helping me heal and feel supported during the hardest time Ive dealt with in life, thank you
Quote 0 0