Elliotts_Mom
They say you don't know what you've got until it's gone. But with Elliott, that was NEVER the case. His father and I knew and appreciated EVERY SINGLE DAY how incredibly SPECIAL he was. In fact, just days before he became ill with FIP, we said, "How did we ever live before Elliott?" and "What would we ever do without him?"

And then, just like that-- he was taken from us. 

I have loved so many cats in my life, and they are all individuals. But Elliott was unlike any kitty I ever met. He just wanted to be close to us, he gave kisses right on the lips, and really seemed to love doing it. Sometimes he woke us up with kisses! He loved other kitties, but always wanted to be with his hoomans. He was not needy or demanding, he just overflowed with love. He helped us to be happier, and brought so much joy. His light was so bright.... how could it go out so suddenly? And why???!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to do. I just want him back.
Quote 0 0
Heavenisreal
(((Hugs))) my dear...I am grieving with you.  Crying with you literally. 
Violetta Andruszkiewicz 
Quote 0 0
Elliotts_Mom
Thank-you so much, Violetta!
Quote 0 0
cat_person
I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that our kitties are in a really good place, they deserve it for all the joy they brought into our lives.
Tatiana
Quote 1 0
Bill1971
Very sorry that you are going through this. Losing my Molly two weeks ago really makes you realize how such a small animal(family member) can leave such a huge gap in our lives.
Nothing makes the pain any less but this forum has really helped me mangafr my grief. 
Molly
Making my life better from 6/13/13 to 9/1/2020
Quote 2 0
Gracie4ever
How precious, Elliot!! You gave him the best life. I'm so happy you found each other and appreciated each other! I'm so sorry for your loss.
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Elliot. You can tell by the picture he truly has a specialness about him.  It's so sad and unfair passing so young, but he was meant to be in your lives for a reason. ❤
Jennifer
Quote 1 0
Elliotts_Mom
Thanks, all. I do appreciate the kind words. And Jennifer, you are right. He was extra extra special. I made a list of all the things we loved about him, which was quite long. I wanted to hold him in our hearts and never forget. I think that it's helpful to do something like that. I know that we need to be glad for who he was and how lucky we were to have him with us, no matter how short a time, it was such a gift. If I knew then, what I know now, I wouldn't have changed a thing. If I'd known he would only be with us for 2 months, I would have joyfully accepted him without question. The grief we feel now if worth it for all he gave to us.
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
That is a great idea to make a list.  I did something similar as I had a memorial stone made with my boy's picture and the best words to describe him. There are so many and they are all good. Our babies bring so much love and light to our lives - when they are gone - it's like (for me) I'm left in a foggy, cold, and boring world.  (I had 'Light of our Lives' on the stone under his name.) 

It's so clear by Elliot's picture he brought light to your lives - and all those wonderful kisses too. We understand your pain. ❤
Jennifer
Quote 0 0