rosies_mom
for many animal lovers who have many past hurts, be it emotional pain, past abusive relationships, depression, and so on, a pet's passing can be a manifestation of un-dealt with trauma.  i am not sure if what i am dealing with is the "normal" trajectory of grief, or something much deeper.  whatever the case, Rosie deserves for me to remember her with love and joy.  It is very hard right now to muster those sentiments, but it is true, my Rosie is no longer suffering and her soul lives on in peace and completely whole in body. she deserves her heaven and she deserves to be remembered in her happier times.   rosieiloveyou.jpeg
Quote 0 0
GoneTooSoon
I know the feeling. I hope you find peace.
Quote 0 0
rosies_mom
Thank you.....i pray i find peace one day too.  
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Rosie's Mom,
What a beautiful girl your sweet Rosie is.  I am sorry that she is no longer by your side, but you are right, she is now pain free and happy at Rainbow Bridge.  She does deserve absolute happiness.  That is exactly my wish for my gorgeous beagle, Bella, who left for Rainbow Bridge 6 months ago. Their reward for all that they gave us is a place in heaven where they are happy and healthy and living a wonderful life.  
As hard as it is for us, we do need to try to pay tribute to them with happy thoughts and memories.  Their life should not be remembered by those last moments of illness, pain or unhappiness, but by the many, many, many moments of sheer love, laughter and loyalty that we had with them.  We have been so privileged to have been chosen to share their lives.  
I wish you peace and healing and I wish your beautiful Rosie and my beautiful Bella pure happiness.  They deserve nothing less.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
rosies_mom
Thank you Karen, you are so right: "we do need to pay tribute to them with happy thoughts and memories. Their life should not be remembered by those last moments of illness, pain or unhappiness..."   I will try to do that.  Thank you so much, and I'm sure Rosie is playing with Bella right now! :)

-Rosie's mom
Quote 0 0