pianokitten91
Last month I had to bury one of my kittens that I had bottle fed. The people on this website were so encouraging and uplifting. I want to thank everyone for that. It was so comforting having people understand what I was feeling and trying to deal with. I started to think about my Hope a couple of days ago, more so than usual.

I was watching her siblings (Gracie & Pablo) playing in the snow and trying to eat the remnants of ice on the porch. We had a good 2 feet or more of snow on the ground. At one point Gracie and Pablo curled up together on the swing (I had brushed the snow off just to see what they would do). I looked at mom and said, "Hope would be there with them had she not gotten hit." It saddened me in one sense and made me sentimental in another sense.

I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to help Hope, Gracie and Pablo after their mom got hit in the road. Hope was just such a precious furbaby. I am grateful that I can now smile when I think of her instead of bursting into tears without warning. The Lord has helped me with grieving so much. Support on this website has also had a big impact as I worked my way through (and still working my way through) the grieving process for my Hope. Gracie and Pablo have certainly played a big role as well.

Gracie is very clingy to me with all this cold weather. When I come outside to replace frozen water and check on food (I can't bring them inside, I'm allergic to cats, not deathly allergic, but enough to where it wouldn't be pleasant after a while), she runs right up to me and demands to be picked up. I know we'll all be glad to see warmer weather come in here. I look forward to spending more time outside with my cats. As a cat mom I know they need attention just as much, if not more, as I do.

Again, thank you so much, all of you.

<3 Rebecca
"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Hi Rebecca,
I am glad to hear that your memories of Hope are now bringing you more smiles than tears.  She was so lucky to have you as her mom, just as you were lucky to have her.  Gradually we begin to adjust to our "new normal", but we will miss our sweet babies forever.
Having faith is also a great help.  To believe that I will be together again with my gorgeous Bella is what helps me to keep moving forward.  We were truly blessed and I don't believe our relationships with our furbabies are over, just "on hold" for a while.  Until then we need to keep them alive in our hearts and focus on how grateful we are for the privilege we were given.  They brightened our lives beyond our wildest imagination.
Peace and healing to you.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0