Forum

Author   Comment  
dianalcb

Reply with quote  #1 

I am at a loss today. I had to have my kitty Honor go to Heaven yesterday and I am not handling this very well at all. He was such a wonderful kitty. I miss him so much. I have three other kitties but he was my love bug. He always let me hug and kiss all over him and cuddle on the couch. My other cats are not like that at all. I believe they all know something is wrong but not sure. I know there are many ways to grieve and I knew this would be hard. But not this hard. I feel like I am walking in circles.

Skysmom

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi there

Sorry for your sad loss. I feel your pain and know what you are going through. All of us on here have experienced the grief of pet loss. When I had to have my horse Sky put to sleep some three months ago now, i dont know what i would have done without this forum.

A friend on her told me to look out for a sign from Sky - white feathers.
Shortly aferwards i walked over the area where SKy lay when I had him put to sleep and what did i find - a circle of white feathers. What comfort that brought me to know he is still part of my life. I still have bad days and cry myself to sleep some nights but it is getting better and it will for you too.

The good days become more frequent and you learn to re live the happy times, the funny times you had with your dear departed pet. Please believe your lovely boy is waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge and looks over you day to day.

I have a new horse, a five year old cob called Nando. He will never by SKy, but i love him to bits and have lots of fun with him. I know that Sky is happy for me as he has sent me the feathers.

Grieve for your loss, dont be afraid to cry and take the help and support of all the wonderful people on this forum who know how it feels to feel the love and the loss of a beloved pet. Please feel free to contact me if you need to talk, it really helps.

Love to you from our dearly departed at Rainbow Bridge., and Rainbow Bridge kisses.

Love
Skysmom xx
dianalcb

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sorry about your baby also.  Your words are so kind. I knew this forum would be of help and comfort as I try and get over my loss, but he has left behind wonderful memories and lovely times I shared with him. He was my bud , my companion, and my soul mate. My house feels so empty now even though I have 3 other kitties here. But it is not the same. All my cats are different but Honor was the one who would let me hug all over him and smother him with kisses. He would snuggle up to me so close on the couch there was barely breathing room. But I didn't mind becaus his warmth and affection comforted me night after night when I needed it. I know I will see him again someday as you will your Sky and until that day I will remember him and heart will always be heavy.

Thanks again - your Rainbow friend Diana
Tricia

Reply with quote  #4 
Dear Friend,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious Honor. My heart goes out to you and I feel your pain.They take such a big piece of our hearts with them that can never be replaced. I know that right now the days are difficult to get through, but I pray that as each day goes by, and it will take one day at a time, the loving memories of Honor will be able to bring you peace and comfort. I know that our babies at the Bridge are taking good care of Honor. His spirit is never far from you, he lives forever in your heart surrounding you with all his love.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
dianalcb

Reply with quote  #5 
and miles to go before I rest. I boughta new picture for my living room and it was delivered yesterday. It is "Infinity". Very fitting right now. Thank you so much for your kind words. So many people have sent me wishes and blessings since this has happened and it warms my heart. It is I who is going through the pain - butmy Honor I'm sure and I hope is missing me too. He is off to a new adventure where there are wonderful new friends and angels to help him until we meet again.

God Bless you and yours.
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #6 
Dear Diana,

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss.  We all understand your sorrow, and we will be here for you as you struggle to find your footing on the new path that life has laid before you.

Bless you for loving Honor so well, and for recognizing the things that made her such a special part of your family and your heart.  You surviving cats might understand what's happened more clearly better than you imagine.  Somehow, they just know what's going on., even if they weren't there to witness it.  Watch them for signs from Honor.  If one of them (or more) suddenly begins dong things that only Honor used to do, she might just be sending them messages to comfort you the way only she could do before.  Call me crazy if you like (lol), but that's the way I see it. 

Please come back and tell us some Honor stories as you're able to.  It really helps to share those memories with others who understand, and we really do love getting to know each others' Bridge Kids through the stories their people tell.

You, your surviving kitties, and your sweet Angel Honor are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.