tikibarb Show full post »
tikibarb
Thanks for the finch info.  I find them fascinating.

Leigh, please make sure you have help and relief so you can keep your sanity while caregiving.  I took care of my Mom for a duration and she was a very easy person to take care of and I really burned out.  It took the nudging of a hospice nurse before I realized just how bad I was.  You have Annie and that will help but make sure you are able to have "you" time.  

Morganzola, you are right, the unconditional love they offer us is why their little paws become tattooed onto our hearts.  That kind of acceptance is just not found among humans.  I hope those people who don't get it do find that kind of love some time before they die so they can learn compassion from a truly unselfish perspective.  Ted taught me so much in his 4 short years.  I see every animal in a different light since losing him.  Each and every one has something to offer and if our hearts are open we can experience all that joy we would otherwise miss.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Leigh
Meghanm, pics of Annie are in my thread "Annie has a new forever home", #11.  She looks a lot like Judy's Maddie except with Dachshund in her and she looks like Bob's Diana, too.  She's a character, for sure.

Barb, I know I need "me" time but just don't have time for it right now, ya know?  Mom, Sis and I have an appointment with Mom's doc to discuss everything.  I'm just kind of overwhelmed right now.  My great nephew is staying here for 2 weeks while his big brother has major back surgery in Portland.  My husband's on vacation for 2 weeks (shoot me now lol).  Our son WILL be coming home for Christmas!  Yay!  Nasty, slick roads so I'm already worrying about him driving down.  There's going to be just 8 of us here for Christmas dinner, but it's always held here and I always cook while my sister doesn't do a thing because, as she says, "I work, you know".  Smack.  Just things adding up.  Wow, I sound like a child.  Sorry I let loose here.

I'm missing Mary.  The worst part is...I am forgetting some of her and it terrifies me.  There's lots of new memories that I had forgotten, but some of the basic things are getting a little fuzzy.  I'll never forget her totally, that's a given, but things aren't as crystal clear as before.  It's very sad.

Maybe some sleep will help.  And no more weird dreams.  You know the ones...soup with puffed up plastic looking frogs in it that are really frogs...and it just gets worse from there. lol   sheesh 
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Barb,
Hope the next couple of days go well for you and you get to have that quiet time.  Thinking of you and just want you to know how much I appreciate all the effort you put into everyone here.....always encouraging and uplifting others.....always knowing the right thing to say.   Your words have made a difference in my grieving experience and the experience of others, I'm sure.  You deserve this time to reflect and digest everything that has happened this year.    Love and best wishes to you, your family, and that darlin'  little Pippen! 
Quote 0 0
judylinn
I feel the same way as you Barb...since Maddie, I see all animals in a very diferent way, and feel love, even for those I don't know, and always stop and talk to them.
I hope that we all find some place of peace and and calmness that comes from that place of reflecting deep within ourselves.
Merry Christmas to all you wonderful people.  Judy
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I am happy to report that I have had a couple of days to just decompress and have really found a new peace about things.  It could just be that I am not running and my stress level is low but I am going to enjoy it while I can.  I have been spending time enjoying Pippin and Jack and Dahlia, but especially baby Pippin.  He has shown me such love over the past few days, snuggling and helping me feel that joy in my heart that I thought I would never feel again.  I sure miss Ted but Pip has enabled me to get through it with a warm feeling that Ted is watching and that he is OK.  I am thankful for the small joys Pip has brought me and I am making an effort to take the time to notice and to allow my heart to feel again. 
Barbara Lyngarkos
Quote 0 0
donnalee

Oh,that is just the best news to hear that you were able to "feel that joy in your heart" that you thought you wouldn't ever feel again.  That makes me so happy to hear that!  I think we all want that feeling again.   I certainly hope it continues for you.  I think it will since you know it is now possible.   You were so smart to take that low-key approach to Christmas! 

Quote 0 0
Meghanm
Leigh, I know what you mean about saying you feel like you are forgetting some of the memories. Maybe it would be helpful for you to write them down? It doesn't have to be anything fancy, or it could be fancy as you want. Just write things down as they come to you. Years later I am sure you will be very happy that you did.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I often thought about journaling and putting pictures in too.  I haven't done it though.  Maybe I will in the New Year.  I worry too about forgetting Ted.
Barbara Lyngarkos
Quote 0 0