laddy
This is the cat who lives on my porch. He is a 3 year old homeless cat.
I learned today that his owner died and the family put him on the streets.
On Monday I put my 19 Year old Cat Stormy to sleep. I have been and am feeding him the food I had left over from Stormy. The winter months are comming here in New England and it does get very cold here. I thought I would Show everyone this cat.
Quote 0 0
judylinn

oh he is asking for a home..myaybe he was led there by stormy. I have a friend, and when her cat died, one appeared on her doorstep, she took it in, and they love each other.  Are you going to bring her in?  that would be great for both of you. sometimes gifts are send to us.  the cat is beautiful

Quote 0 0
judylinn
I know it is so soon after stormy. This furbaby looks sad, like he needs love and comfort.  If you cant take him, maybe take him to a shelter. You wouldnt want him to be left out in the cold. what are your thoughts about it?
Quote 0 0
laddy

The cat is Beautiful. He is a male, I don't know anything of his history, the vet where Stormy is; is waiting for me to pay for her Creamation. I did bring him in the house again today and he wanted right back out. He is very friendly, and very affectionette. I only wish if the family didn't want the cat, I wish they had brought him to a shelter.  I don't know if the cat is Nutered, if he has had is shots, if he has been tested for Feline Lukema.  My first cat Roxie was a stray she came to me as a kitten. I had her for 13 1/2 years.

Quote 0 0
judylinn

what my friend did with her stray, she kept him in for about a week or 2, so he could really get a feel for the place, and start to trust. now he comes and go as he pleases. is there any way to contact the family and find out who the vet was?

Quote 0 0
jen2010

what a beautiful cat , and a little lesson in it  to mention  what happens to our pets  if we happen to pass before them

Quote 0 0
wolfshadoww
Oh! I feel so sad for him- other than he made his way to your porch. Definitely a sign! If you can't take him, definitely see that he makes it safely to a shelter so that he may find someone to love him.
R.I.P. Spider 7-16-10

You were very loved and will always, always be missed.
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
I would contact the local vet's to see if they know the cat.  They may be able to help you.  The cat looks like he was cared for and if he is coming onto your porch, he can't be too wild yet.  It is very kind of you to take him in and feed him.  He is a beautiful cat and may just need some time to get used to having someone to love. This is a link to an article about taking in a stray.  Maybe it will be helpful to you.  Best of luck no matter what you decide.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0