BuddyRo_and_PetieGirl_Mom
The last time I posted was back in the spring when lost our sweet boy Buddy Ro. Well, here we go again. We lost our sweet Petie Girl today. Our hearts had not healed from the loss of Buddy, it is like being stabbed in the same wound again. She died at home. We had been going back and forth from the vet. The first vet did not really catch the problem. So when she was not getting better we took her to our vet that is further away. Our sweet girl was in heart failure. She had the build-up of fluid. Our vet was optimistic. He put her on diuretics and med to treat the heart. He really felt like we caught in time, though it was not going to heal, she was almost 13, he felt like she wasn't dying. Took her back the second time when it seems like meds were not working, so so increased the dosage, and said it would take time but it would be ok. Within a day of the last visit, she was getting worst. I just felt like she was slipping away and wanted to go. Last nite I stayed up with her, rubbing, and talking to her, and reading psalms to her. My husband works 3rd shift, she hanged on until he came home (he was always her favorite, she was daddy's girl), in fact, he was the one who rescued her off the street. She died within about 30 minutes of his return. I loved them both, I would not trade a minute I had with them, even if I knew this pain was waiting.  I will always be Buddy Ro and Petie Girl mom. I thank God for giving me that privilege and entrusting these two canine babies with us. I called them the black and gold gang, Buddy is a black lab, and Petie is a yellow lab, with pretty golden highlights. They were so territorial with other dogs, so I name them the black and gold gang. Now they are back together again.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am so sorry for the loss of your two babies. I lost both my boys this summer. Lost Bailey while still grieving Max so I know the pain all too well, it's terrible and all consuming. Your babies are together again like mine are, waiting until it is our time to join them never to be apart again. Sending love your way.
Quote 0 0

Thank you Marlen, 

I am so sorry for your loss too. I guess we have to take one day at a time. Right now I flooded with emotions and just pure grieve. I don't know what to do with myself. I have been mothering them for almost 14 years. I keep thinking how do people go thru this over and over again. Then I think, how having pets are so wonderful and so very special. We will make room for two more babies. I am going to propose to my husband that on the 1st year anniversary of their death that we rescue a male on Bud's anniversary and female on Petie Girl. Knowing that no other can take their place, but our hearts are big enough to love other canines.

How long did you have Max and Bailey. Were they your first babies? 

Quote 0 0
MAlcindor wrote:
I am so sorry for the loss of your two babies. I lost both my boys this summer. Lost Bailey while still grieving Max so I know the pain all too well, it's terrible and all consuming. Your babies are together again like mine are, waiting until it is our time to join them never to be apart again. Sending love your way.

Marlen, I just read about your two sweet babies. So sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you and me this day. I miss my two so much. Words cannot express how much I feel your pain and grief. I will pray for you that God will give you strength through it all. God bless you. 
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Max was my first, we got him June 2010, he was only 12 weeks old. He died this past June 13, he was only 8. Bailey walked into my mother's house 4 years later in May 2014 as a stray and I kept him. The vet told us he was 2 yrs old when he found us. He was only 6 when he died this past July 13, I only had him for 4 years. We also have a kitty, Luna, who we found on Super Bowl Sunday 2017. This past August 9 we adopted Toby from the shelter. I don't know if I was ready for him, but the emptiness I felt after my babies died was terrifying and I felt I needed to get back a routine of caring for a dog. Toby is a wonderful dog, but bonding with him will take some time for me. And yes, I know I'm setting myself up for the same type of pain, but my heart needs the love they bring.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
BuddyRo_and_PetieGirl_Mom wrote:

Marlen, I just read about your two sweet babies. So sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you and me this day. I miss my two so much. Words cannot express how much I feel your pain and grief. I will pray for you that God will give you strength through it all. God bless you. 

Thank you. The missing them is terrible and for some reason these last few days have been very rough. For some reason I just can’t stop crying. I pray for us both. God bless.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
BuddyRo_and_PetieGirl_Mom wrote:
I loved them both, I would not trade a minute I had with them, even if I knew this pain was waiting.

Such true words!! We all hate this pain, this new way of normal, but we wouldn't change a minute we had with our animals.

I am so sorry for your losses. I can't even imagine having to go through another loss so soon. You are in my thoughts. ❤❤
Quote 0 0