shantismom Show full post »
Gertie
Hi Don,

I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. It has been many years since you and I connected through our grief on this site.
I would also like to remember a special dog who passed 4 weeks ago. Her name was Nina. Her owner Lisa just moved into her new home across the street from me. It all happened very suddenly. Lisa and her husband are heartbroken. Sadly you and I and all who are reading this know that pain. I attach a poem, I hope it brings comfort to those of you in early stages of grief. I feel my little Duncan could have written this.

Love and peace at this special time.

Gertie.

[d56883db793371a04d56364b8dc307dc]
Quote 1 0
MyBella
Hi Marlene,

Hope this finds you, your family and Sable doing well, hopefully winter is heading it's way out and spring is starting to show up for you there, it has been quite the winter for many. I'm sure Sable loved those colder nights, finding her way to your arms for extra cuddles of warmth, I bet you didn't mind when she did.

Any upcoming holidays for Sable to do table inspection for, I'm sure Shanti whispers in her ear to check out each setting, making sure to add that special Shanti touch where needed.

It is always so wonderful hearing from you Marlene, your beautiful Shanti is never far from my thoughts, he truly is a beautiful boy, love his markings and his wide bright eyes.
May Shanti always fill your dreams with his loving purrs, bringing with his love, the continued peace and healing you so deserve.

Give Sable big belly rubs and be sure to spoil her with treats for me, but once spring arrives, she is back to her sit-ups.....or should I say sit-up routine, maybe this year she can get two in.

Your friend always, Don

Quote 0 0
Gertie
Remembering my beautiful Duncan.

Today I remember my little man Duncan. It has been 6 years since I said goodbye to you.
I did not think I would ever recover. Time has helped ease the pain, the memories live in my heart.
I am sending hugs and kisses to you. Thank you for all the wonderful times and for teaching me unconditional love.

I love you and always will.

Mom xxx
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Dear Marlene,

Sending my warmest wishes on this day, your beautifully handsome Shanti's 5 year Angelversary. I'm sure today will be filled with many mixed emotions for the missing of your beautiful Shanti, I sincerely hope that today is always filled with the many wonderful moments and memories that you and Shanti shared over the years, beautiful memories that bring warmth to your heart and a little smile to your face as you reflect on those many fun antics that made your Shanti such a special boy. I always smile when I think of how Sable has taken over the table inspection duties from Shanti, I can't help but think that Shanti not only approves of Sable's inspections, but I think Shanti is right there making sure Sable does the job right, how beautiful is that.

Thank you for your support and especially for your friendship over these years, I don't have words enough to tell you how much both mean to me, thank you Marlene.
I post this candle in honor of your beautiful Shanti, may your wonderful heart always know and feel the love and light that is your Shanti, bringing with his love, the continued peace and healing you so deserve.

Image result for heart candles   Shanti-Shrunk.jpg
Be sure to give Sable big belly rubs for me, and tell Sable to give you a hug for me.

Your friend always, Don

Quote 1 0
Beesmom123
Dear Marlene, 
Thinking of you and your darling Shanti today. He will live on always in your heart I know, you shared so many wonderful times.  what a blessing and a gift these special beings are that come into our lives, if only we could keep them here with us forever!.
thank-you so much for sharing  Shanti with us. I'm glad Don reposted his photo, what a beautiful and unique feline your Shanti!
Give Sable a snuggle for me.

Take care my  friend,
Diana
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 2 0
Adele1210
What an beautiful boy. I know the feeling what I wouldn’t give for just one more cuddle with my boy. Keep the memories close your heart and you’ll find he’s never truly gone
Quote 1 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Hi Marlene,  I also want to express my thoughts to you today, five years since your beautiful Shanti went to the Bridge.  No matter how much time passes, our love continues to grow and our bond with our sweet babies strengthens.  I’m sure Bella had a big celebration today honoring you and Shanti.

Sending big hugs and warmest wishes your way,

Dawn xoxo
Love you infinitely our little Molly. Forever and ever XOXO
Quote 1 0
MyBella
Oh Marlene, how wonderful that Sable jumped up and climbed the kitty condo, and especially on Halloween, I can't help but to wonder if your beautiful Shanti was visiting, leading Sable as they played on the kitty condo. I bet you were amazed and baffled by Sable's behavior, maybe this is Shanti's way of getting Sable to do more exercises, by climbing the kitty condo, no more sit-ups for Sable, I bet Sable is happy to hear that, lol.
I'm sure Shanti will encourage Sable to do the Thanksgiving table inspection properly, making sure everything is in it's proper place. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing story with me, I really smiled when I read it, and of course it re-enforced my thoughts of how Shanti is still guiding his sister.

Sending peace, healing and gentle hugs your way, may your wonderful heart always know and feel Shanti's love each and every day.

Your friend always, Don
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Marlene, Hope this finds you, your husband and your loved ones doing well and staying safe from these unbelievable times we are in right now, hopefully Sable isn't being a handful with all the spare time she has on her paws these days, but I'm sure she keeps you occupied with some of her silly and funny antics, such a sweet girl. I'm sure Shanti is whispering kitty secrets into Sable's ears to nudge her on how to keep their wonderful Mom smiling, especially during these uncertain times.
Hope everything is well with you, wanted to let you know that you, Sable and especially Shanti are never far from my thoughts.
Stay safe my good friend, may your wonderful heart always be rewarded with the soft, gentle hugs from your beautiful Shanti.
Your friend always, Don
Quote 0 0