maryellen1952

My Pekingese, Chase, has been gone for 3 weeks and I was beginning to feel a little better although still cry when I think about him esp. in the morning and before I go to bed.

Today I received the pathology report with a diagnosis of hemangiosarcoma of the spleen which usually has a very short lifespan even after treament.  And if discovered upon removal of the spleen the prognosis is even shorter as usually It has already metastasized to other organs.

DSCF3572.JPG 

Although I am relieved to know exactly what caused him to become sick so suddenly without an warning, It brought back all the memories and sadness I was trying to cope with.  

Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I think we ALL have been thrown back in time to that awful day for various reasons.  It can be as simple as an odor or a shadow and there we are.  All suffering some kind of PTSD I think so it can give us even more compassion for our Veterans now that we know how easily it happens.

I suppose knowing what happened can bring you some comfort, but I know it still won't bring your baby back.  My Molly had a stroke, very uncommon for dogs they tell me.  It was hard to hear that her heart and lungs were still so good, but that doesn't matter with a stroke and her sudden blindness.

You are really ahead of most of us in your healing journey---it is obvious you are hurting still.  That picture of Chase is just beautiful and I know he must be enjoying something similar across the Bridge.  It was 6 weeks before I could see well enough to even type Molly's story, so keep doing what you are doing and know that you WILL see your baby again and I am certain that Molly was waiting for your beautiful Chase.
Birthday photo.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I am glad you found out what was the matter with chase. There are constant reminders of our babies daily. Just when we think we might be alittle better, some memory hits us. I am wishing you some peace.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
I hope it gives you some closure to know what was wrong with Chase and also that there was nothing you could have done. So sorry for your loss! May your beloved dog rest in peace.
Quote 0 0
camunki
i know too well of Hemangiosarcoma, my beloved pet was diagnosed with it on a Tues and he passed away thursday nite (2 days later)...it was a fast rupturing into his abdomen and there was nothing i could do to save him. So i couldn't even have it removed, as it ruptured within his stomach......

My condolences for your beloved Chase.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
maryellen1952

thanks everyone for your condolences!

Quote 0 0