Myshkin
Our baby passed away because of IMT. He had tic fever which triggered the immune condition. We did everything available. The doctors did everything textbook. I have been reading about it and the doctors didnt waste a minute. He was just 6 yr. old and otherwise a very healthy dog. His diet, exercise, lifestyle was just nothing short of ideal. He fought so hard. We fought by his side. We sent so many prayers out. I promised I will quit smoking if he gets better. 

But nothing helped. He was gone within 2 weeks of getting sick. 

I can go on blaming tics and lack of preventive medicine for IMT. 

I feel so helpless.
Quote 0 0
curcumas
I’m so sorry for your loss. I don’t know a lot about IMT but it sounds like it can be hard to treat. I understand feeling helpless. It looks like you didn’t all you could to help your baby. Again, I’m so sorry.
Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry for the loss of your baby to IMT..............I lost my Jemma to a similiar illness called IMHA (immune mediated hemolytic anemia)....a similiar thing where the blood cells just keep eating eachother up.

I wish doc's could figure out more how this illness occurs, i do know that there are so many grim results once a dog gets this illness. 

You did your best for your baby and I am so sorry he was taken away at such a young age. Please keep coming back and posting, it helps alot with the healing process and takes away that alone feeling.

My heart goes out to you.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Myshkin
thank you both for your compassion. yes, posting makes one feel in company of other kind hearted souls.
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Oh I am so so sorry for your loss. Really. Death and illness do not play fair. I remember my vet telling me no matter what we did, the final result would have been the same. Harsh words but true in my dog's case. My heart hurts with you. Keep coming here and reading other posts. No judging here, just understanding what it's about.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Myshkin
MissingScooty wrote:
Oh I am so so sorry for your loss. Really. Death and illness do not play fair. I remember my vet telling me no matter what we did, the final result would have been the same. Harsh words but true in my dog's case. My heart hurts with you. Keep coming here and reading other posts. No judging here, just understanding what it's about.

Thanks. Yes- you feel helpless but mother nature has her own designs I guess. 
Quote 0 0