CaliKariLillismok
Does anyone have any advise about what I can do to help my golden retriever who has lymphoma? Her tumors are growing fast after the prednisone is no longer working. They are enclosing around her throat and her breathing is becoming labored but she is still happy. My vet is not working due to Covid and although I took her to an oncologist I choose not to put her through chemo. The oncologist is not handling her case anymore. I know her time is limited but I now have no one to help me
through this process. I would greatly appreciate any advise or help. Thank you! 
Kari whiteaker
Quote 0 0
Patch_Mom
Hi Kari, that is sad news to hear about your baby having aggressive cancer.  I hope there is a back up vet you can find?  I'm newer here and still navigating, but when I enter the forum, I see they have 2 areas full on dedicated to cancer - a chat room and a forum - that is probably a great place for info.  Wishing you and your baby all the best. XO
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Kari:

Sorry to hear about your golden retriever. My heart goes out to you. Just wanted to throw out a suggestion: You may want to consider a naturopathic vet - as opposed to a conventional practitioner. The former use natural substances, herbs, botanicals, essential oils, etc. Also, you may want to research biologically appropriate diets for canines with lymphoma. There is well documented evidence that implementing these measures - even with advanced cancers - can have a positive outcome. I think it's worth a shot. I wish you and your beloved dog much luck.

Warmest regards,
Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
CaliKariLillismok
Thank you so much Jim!
Kari whiteaker
Quote 0 0