Luke_03
I haven’t been sleeping good since Darcy passed. Someone recommended a weighted blanket. It’s blanket that normally range from 10 to 30 pounds. It’s supposed to feel like your being hugged. I tried it a few nights and no help. But last night some how all the weight ended up at my feet. I woke up feeling like Darcy was sleeping on my feet. 
Quote 0 0
Bestlittledog
Hi Luke,

I like to listen to light weight audio books where nothing bad happens. I even listen to children’s books like Winnie the Poo or P. j. Wodehouse, he is so funny. Be sure to set the timer for a set time, like for an hour, or else they will wake you up like falling asleep to the tv. I guess it’s the idea of not being able to hold 2 thoughts in your head at once. This really helps me, I hope it does you.

Linda
Quote 0 0
Luke_03

I’ll try anything. 

thanks Linda

Quote 0 0
badgerblythe
I'm so sorry about this, its all so hard. I too have sleeping problems, but mine have been helped with medication-- perhaps discuss with your primary care physician? The thing is with grief and depression, it can cause lots of sleep problems.... and although some people would not want to try medication for this, I think it can work well and get you over the initial hump.  Other than medication there are lots of things to try-- google sleep hygiene habits and you might find something that will help- maybe a sound machine (I like one that is like a fan sound). You could also try progressive muscle relaxation, you can find a recording online where someone guides you through a meditation and you have to really focus on it. It could distract you from the grief and help you nod off. I'm so sorry.... you will at some point start to feel better, but you (like me) are probably going to have to really push yourself to get out and about. I never want to (and also suffer from depression), but always do feel better once I get moving. I know it is hard to think about this right now, and I am really grappling with idea.... but do you think you could benefit from adopting another dog? When I think about my Lily I burst into tears... but I know that I have such a strong connection with animals that I will at some point very soon get another dog. I do think perhaps there are some people (and I am one of them) that truly need animals around in order to be fully happy. And that's okay. You will never forget Darcy and you are not betraying her by considering it. There are so many animals in need of a home and you obviously could provide a very loving one for any dog. 
BB
Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Luke_03:

Not sleeping well after the loss of a beloved pet is pretty much the norm for those of us who cherish our special, 4 legged companions above all else. I had the same problem after my beloved puppy left me (9) months ago. I knew I had to do something or my life would be a complete disaster. I found that a little talk therapy (with: a spouse, girlfriend, a close friend, extended family member, co-worker, neighbors, acquaintances, etc.) each day helped immeasurably. I would just reach out and cold call people - many of whom I hadn't spoken to in years. Yes, it can be a little daunting, even scary, especially considering that they (the recipient) can completely dismiss your call with an air of indifference or worse yet, not call you back. I am so happy that nearly all of the people I reached out to were absolutely wonderful. After spending a lot of time on the phone, I found that I was able to sleep a little. I wanted to mention that there is an expiration date on how long you can call people  and have them interested in listening to you. I found that about (2) weeks (I didn't call the same people each day) was the limit. After that, people don't want to hear it. The other alternative is to seek the services of a grief counselor for therapy. This can be expensive and in my opinion very impersonal. I got good results with the former way. This suggestion is not a panacea, nor is it the answer to all of your problems but it may help you sleep a little better. It helped me. Let us know if this helps you. I wish you much success as you begin your healing journey.

PS - I also exercise a lot, do deep breathing, learned tapping (it's free and easy) and cut out refined sugar (made my mind race) from my diet.  Just a few ideas that may help you sleep better. 

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Luke_03
Those are all good suggestions i will give them a try tonight. I have thought about another dog. And my thoughts are I have no idea. The thought of a dog does bring a smile to my face. But is it too soon? I don’t want to expect to much from a dog and compare its actions to Darcy. Se was such a well behaved dog. I think it would be unfair to a dog to be so crazy right now. Maybe in a few moths after I heal some more. But I’ve had a hand full of people tell me that I need another dog. 
Quote 0 0
Luke_03
I just happen to be seeing my psychiatrist monday. I also have fought depression and I see him twice a year just for checkups. I’m sure he can help me fell better so I can talk with some one. I want to talk with a professional. Hey it can’t hurt. I’ve spoke to a few friends and I’ve reached 4 weeks now. 
Quote 0 0
Janet_101
I have been using the Calm app and it's sleep stories. My counselor suggested sleepy time tea to help getting to sleep and staying asleep. I hope your pain eases soon. 
Quote 0 0