Mackysmum
Hi good people
I'm really obsessing tonight see i got the bill for putting macky to sleep and it said the needle used to put him to sleep was 15 to 30kg my macky im sure was 33 kg now im freaking out that they under dosed him and he just looked like he died bit maybe wasn't and I buried him alive and he may off suffercated to death . Omg do you think they would of given a bit more of the euthanasia drug so it cover more weight if he wasn't 30kg and under .
The last time we went to the vets he wouldn't stay still on the scale so the nurse rounded his weight to 28 kg but he was more then that but at that time i just went along with it cause it was so stressful being at the vets ...
Please does anyone else know what would happen in these circumstances???
I feel sick now
Quote 0 0
AR1234
Hi there. I understand your stress, but please try not to worry. The vet always checks the heart beat after the medicine is administered to ensure there is no heart beat anymore. I promise. I hope this gives you peace that your fur baby left peacefully.
Quote 0 0
tr4822
Yes the vet would always check heartbeat to be sure your baby passed peacefully. So sorry for your loss. Your boy was beautiful. I just lost my sweet baby KC  5 days ago . She was 13 and 1/2. Hasn't been any easier yet for me. Still too soon I guess. I have another doggie and kitty here at home but it will never be the same w/o my sweet baby KC. She had a fast growing tumor in her mouth and she started to bleed from her mouth and nose. It was time. But hardest thing I;ve ever done. Saying goodbye to her was harder than saying goodbye to my Mom and Dad I believe. That may sound horrible to some folks. I had KC as a rescue for over 11 years from when I retired so we were inseparable all that time. Anyway I hope you find some comfort in the days ahead and remember we have our furbabies in our heads and in our hearts forever and we will be with them again in Heaven.   Regards Tom R
Thomas H. Rhodes
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Mackys Mom,

I understand so well how one can get all kinds of thoughts and be obsessed with them. But like AR und tr already posted, there is no need to worry at all. All vets are obliged to make sure your Macky passed peacefully and without any pain. I am very sorry for your loss and understand your grief. My good thoughts are with you.
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Hi purzel , Ari234 , Tom
Thank you so much for replying to me
I haven't been travelling well obsessing about it
I phoned the vet and spoke to the vet that came put and put my macky to sleep .
She told me she had given macky enough for a 60kg dog and she checked his heart a number of times plus checked his eye reflexes.
I do feel better now ive spoken to her shes a lovely vet.
I suffer from ocd so once I get a fear in my mind it just goes around and around non stop with severe anxiety .
I'm so thankful for everyone thats taken the time to chat to me and offer support its been such a massive help during the last 3 weeks and its much appritated ☺☺☺☺
Quote 0 0
AR1234
Mackysmum, no worries. My families baby boy Guinness passed tragically this past Saturday, and I definitely understand the obsessive thoughts. Yesterday, I feared that somehow my dogs unlocked my house door and were out of my house (no idea where this thought or fear came from). Guinness got hit by a car, and now I'm so nervous about my two dogs at home and them getting hit by a car. I had to leave work to check on them... they were fast asleep on my couch. When you endure such a tragedy as losing your beloved pup, obsessive thoughts happen easily. I hope you find some peace soon. You are not alone.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Mackys mom,
I'm so sorry this happened. I can understand how upsetting that horrible thought would be! As others have mentioned, vets need to be sure that our pets are really gone. It's good though that you could speak to the vet and they were able to put your mind at ease. Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
glenn230439
AR1234 wrote:
Hi there. I understand your stress, but please try not to worry. The vet always checks the heart beat after the medicine is administered to ensure there is no heart beat anymore. I promise. I hope this gives you peace that your fur baby left peacefully.
Quote 0 0
glenn230439
Why is the term fur baby so often used my pet had a name I had to put down 2 cats in a span of 7 days and got texts sorry about your fur baby sorry it's maybe just me but I hate fur baby it's a cat or dog or whatever it had a name and a place in the family
Quote 0 0
jeffreyburcham
glenn, please understand that the term fur baby is used as an affectionate term, as dogs, cats, horses, guinea pigs, rabbits, mammals with hair and who are a family member are loved very much, just like yours. I have lost two dogs in a span of a little over 6 months last year and am going through tumors again with one of my two surviving boys (dogs) and fear I will be saying goodbye to another baby of mine (he's almost 10)

It took me some time to get used to seeing/hearing fur baby, for the same reason you stated: they have a name and are members of our families. Still, it's a fitting affectionate name, they are furry and are our babies. Just my opinion.

I am sorry for your loss. I have had to say goodbye to my four cats in the past several years, all of them having been with me for some time, the oldest was 17 when she left me and I still cry about her.

Please do not take my reply as being mean or hateful, just wanting to try and explain it somewhat.

Jeffrey
Quote 0 0