MLein
I lost my sweet, sweet little guy only a few days ago. I did not know he had jumped out of my car, and you should figure out the rest. The guilt I feel, the I could have prevented this, is eating me alive. I am so sick, and so heartbroken. He was my world, and brought me joy every moment I spent with him. I was his momma, and he was my spoiled little kid. He was a ball of personality, and knew the right things to do to make me smile. He was only three, and I do not understand how this happened, and I don’t know how to deal with the shame. He usually doesn’t get out of the car, and when he does, he runs far ahead. My husband is gone, and didn’t get to say goodbye. I don’t know how I made this mistake, and I don’t know how to get through it.
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
MLein,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. How devastating to lose a pet that way. It must be so hard having your husband gone on top of everything. I know this may not provide as much reassurance as is needed, but you clearly did not mean for this to happen. Sometimes our pets do unexpected things... We have our usual routine, but then for whatever reason, that one time, they do something out of character. It’s every pet owner’s nightmare for it to end like this. Please be assured that you had his best interests at heart. This was just a horrible, horrible accident.

This will take time. The grief and guilt that always seems to accompany it can get overwhelming at times. Please feel free to post and express yourself as much as needed here. This is a place where everyone understands what you’re feeling.

Hang in there and take care.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
RileysMom wrote:
MLein,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. How devastating to lose a pet that way. It must be so hard having your husband gone on top of everything. I know this may not provide as much reassurance as is needed, but you clearly did not mean for this to happen. Sometimes our pets do unexpected things... We have our usual routine, but then for whatever reason, that one time, they do something out of character. It’s every pet owner’s nightmare for it to end like this. Please be assured that you had his best interests at heart. This was just a horrible, horrible accident.

This will take time. The grief and guilt that always seems to accompany it can get overwhelming at times. Please feel free to post and express yourself as much as needed here. This is a place where everyone understands what you’re feeling.

Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
RileysMom wrote:
MLein,

Quote 0 0
COOKIES4
PRAYERS AND SUPPORT FOR YOU. SPARKY'S MOMMY AND DADDY.
Quote 0 0