Forum

Author   Comment  
MommyLady

Reply with quote  #1 
Thought it might help to join this forum, though nothing has helped much so far. Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. I miss my babydog so, the pain is devastating. Most of the time I feel like I am holding back an ocean of tears. A lot of the time I cannot even hold them back. She has been gone almost 5 months now and the only thing I have accomplished is forgiving God for taking her home, even though I still don't understand why He did. I was very angry with God for more than a month. I suppose He missed her.... and if His grief missing her is even half of what I am feeling, then I have no right to be angry. So here I am, a weeping mess, miserable. The loss is too great. Then, today, my 11 year old black lab Promise had a stroke. She has never been sick a day in her life. She woke from a nap and got up to go out and tinkle, but fell down immediately. She got up again and veered to the right as she was walking(shakily walking) and ran into the wall. Yes, it was a stroke alright. I put Promise on aspirin, 250 mg today and 81mg every day from now on. And no table scraps anymore. Promise and LoliMonster were best friends.... funny to see a 2.8# chihuahua and 60# black lab napping together and giving each other baths.

Well, that's about it for now. Don't know what else to say anyhow. Thanks for listening......
TriciaK

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful pet, and also had to face the stress of illness in your other baby.   It's so difficult to get over this loss and I can't advise much myself as a year later I still my cat Georgie and the pain is still raw.
I just wanted you to know you're not alone and many of us are going through a similar hurt, I'm sure in time it does get easier and the hurt we feel is a tribute to how much we loved our lost pets.

Tricia x

tikibarb

Reply with quote  #3 
I am so sorry for your loss.  This is a wonderful place to help the healing process.  We all think we are crazy until we post here and realize that we are not alone.  I lost my beloved companion Ted on 7/7.  While I can function now, I am still in pain and the sadness is still very painful.  Seeing your two babies, one so small and one so large together like that must have been quite heartwarming a site.  I had a large black lab several years ago and my Jack Russel used to wash his face with kisses every day.  Labs are just so easy to love, I guess other animals sense it too.  I hope you have a better day tomorrow.  When you are up to it, tel us more about your two beloved furbabies. 
MommyLady

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you both for your kind words. What I didn't say was that there has been a lot of loss in this family lately... my brother passed January 2008, my step-mom (mommy#2 for me, I love her so) October 2008, my mother Spetember 2009 (it will be 1 year next week), my good friend Mark March 2010, then my LoliMonster in April of this year. I am supposed to have LittleDog, an elderly stray who adopted us last year, put to sleep but I just can't stand death anymore. She is so old that even the vet has no idea, teeth rotting away, cataracts, incontinent, living in 8'x10' laundry room she will only eat cut up hotdogs or bologna.

LoliMonster slept with me every single night, right up against my neck. She was the perfect babydog. Even people who disliked small dogs fell in love with her. I've attached a picture of us taken 3 years ago.... I can't write anymore. Sorry.

Attached Images
jpeg 30311_1278547846373_1310333444_30681364_1043394_s.jpg (8.22 KB, 6 views)

tikibarb

Reply with quote  #5 
LoliMonster is precious.  What a look!  I am sorry that you have had such an excruciating time.  You will know when the time is right for LittleDog.  We are only human and can only deal with so much pain at a time.  I will hope you have a better day tomorrow and each day after that.  You are not alone.
judylinn

Reply with quote  #6 

I'm sorry, that is alot of loss. We understand that. its been 6 weeks since my yellow lab passed. I pray for you and LittleDog....it's a hard descion, you will know when she is suffering and needs to be realsed for her sake. I will keep you in my prayers. Judy

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.