MySweetCapcap
It's been one year today since my sweet kitty CapCap passed away. I haven't posted in a long time and it was a hard year, but I was working and trying to keep positive. I would breakdown and cry in the parking lot and I still have her little bed near my bed pillow.

Since my last post, my family and I adopted three tabbies and a Ragdoll baby. We opened our home to four kitties! My darling CapCap has taught me a lot about caring for the others and being an even better cat mommy.

I think about her often but her funny and silly moments. She was and is an important part of my life.

Love to everyone on the board.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Thank you for your update. Those one year anniversaries are so hard!
So good to hear you've adopted other kitties and given them homes but I know you miss your beloved CapCap. Don't worry she will always live in your heart! Hugs to you on this sad day.
CK
Quote 0 0
Marie123
CapCap sounds like she was such an important part of your family. I've been on here since just July. My beautiful black kitty Raven had to be put down just before Easter due to kidney failure and a tumor on her liver. I'm still absolutely riddled with guilt and devastated. I've heard it gets better but I'm starting to wonder when? But it's also like you said made me want to be a better Mom to my other cats and pets and try to be for others what Raven was for me. She was my rock and what held me together. I hope that she and CapCap and my other animals are all good friends now and watch over us togetther.
Blessings to you! 🐱
Quote 0 0
MySweetCapcap
Thank you, CK. My first year without her was strange.
It was hard trying not to compare the sweet four babies to my one as they are still young. She really spoiled my family and I during her lifetime. I've been working hard to open up my heart to them and finding joy with their silliness and cuddling. Hugs back.
Quote 0 0
MySweetCapcap
Hi Marie,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Raven. It's the hardest when they are sick. Cats can hide their pain so well.
They hold on with their hardest until they can't move.
CapCap was my lovey for almost 22 years and it wasn't until the last month she was acting fine. She suffered of advanced kidney failure and age and had to be put down. It was one of the greatest heartbreaks of my life.
It does take time to feel better...it took a while for me to realize I needed to fill up the hole in my heart by adopting my four. Learning from CapCap to be a better caregiver is the best gift. I hope Raven meets CapCap and your other sweeties on the rainbow bridge and are bestest friends too. Love to you.
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Thank you so much! Raven had the,same thing going on. It's been 6 months the 8th and every day is still a struggle. But it does make you want to pay it forward (purr it forward?) I'm trying to be a better Mom to my other cats newts and garden snails. Also, since Raven was a black cat I've made donations to a couple of black cat rescues in her name. Black cat Appreciation Day actually falls on my birthday so instead of putting the focus on me I made the day about her instead. There's so many wonderful black cats that deserve the same great life she had! I think she and CapCap would be so proud to see us helping these other precious souls all because of our love for them!
Love and peace~Marie and the crew 🐱🐌🐊
Quote 0 0