brainybird
My heart is heavy with the loss of our 16 year old cocker spaniel, Sidney. He is the longest lived dog we've ever had.
We had to make that awful decision to euthanize him. It was the only right thing to do; he could barely walk or even stand, he had trouble going outside to go to the bathroom, and there was something in his eyes telling us he wasn't quite there anymore.
😢
Quote 0 0
WasADogInAFormerLife
That is a long time to have a companion. It will be weird for awhile. A void. But you did have him for 16 years which is a blessing and hopefully he died a painless, loving death.
VM
Quote 0 0
tigerlight
That is a long time. Look for he good memories and dwell on them often. He will always be there. He is at peace.
Angie Dallas
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
I am sorry that you are feeling the heartbreak that all of us on this forum have experienced. The only consolation I can find in thi situation is that the reason our hearts are broken is because we were lucky enough to have been blessed with a loyal and loving companion who brightened every day.  We wouldn't change that for anything, even if we could take away the pain.  It is the price we pay for love.
You gave Sidney the greatest gift of love you could have given him by ignoring your desire to keep him with you so that you could, instead, end his pain.  There is no greater gift you could have given him.
I hope that in time you can remember him with more smiles than tears.
Karen
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0