Judy9950
This morning we made the decision to have our little 16 year old girl, Misha, a tiny Imperial Shi Tzu, put to sleep. Our hearts are broken. She had been mostly healthy all these years, only lately losing weight and showing signs of decline. The past few days have been spent dealing with her upset stomach, vet trips, meds, and watching her become more and more fragile. Saturday she refused to eat or drink anything, and this continued all day yesterday. She would walk round the house and look at her food/water bowls, then walk back to her bed. We knew last night that her time had come...she was tired. This morning has been horrible. The tears are flowing and sadness fills our hearts. I pray that she truly knew how much we loved her.
Quote 0 0
Mybeautifulboy
My condolences on the loss of Misha. I am sure that she knew that she was loved and you did the kindest thing by not letting her suffer. My thoughts are with you as you start this grieving process.
Quote 0 0
Judy9950
Thank you for your kindness.
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
Ii am very sorry about the loss of your precious Misha.  The end of her life was very similar to that of our cat Lenny.  He lost weight, was on meds and went into decline.  He wouldn't eat or drink but just laid on his bed.  We had to make the same difficult decision as you to end his suffering.

Once our fur babies are gone, we  then go through terrible grief.  It is difficult to go on with daily routines and everything is a reminder of their absence.  It has been about three months now for me and the grief isn't as intense.  But I will always miss Lenny just as you will probably always miss Misha.  They  cannot be replaced even if there are other pets later.  I am sure that Misha knew how much you loved her.  The more we love our fur babies, the more intense the grief is when they are gone.  It is helpful to be in this forum where others understand but it doesn't make the grief go away.
Patsy
Quote 0 0
Judy9950
Thank you so much for the sweet message. We are doing a little better each day. There will be a hole in our hearts for a long time😥
Quote 0 0
Judy9950
https://drjudymorgan.com/blogs/blog/treating-heart-disease-holistic-prevention-vs-pharmaceutical-band-aid
Quote 0 0