Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
SadLou

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC
That’s one of the hardest things, isn’t it SadLou? The routines that are no longer there. I keep lifting the blanket when I lay down in bed so that Mollie can crawl under and nestle against my legs like she used to. I put her treats out for her every morning because she would always wake me up for it. As soon as she heard me stir, she would start doing her rapid fire meowing, telling me it was time for breakfast and treats. I don’t know if I’ll ever stop doing these things.
I agree it so hard and those places and things they used to do are now empty so many parts of mine and my families routine was around him and now we just have spaces of where he used to be

Reply with quote  #32 
Lou,

I know it's been the same amount of time for us, a week and 2 days since we lost our babies. I'm feeling a little less despondent, but still getting those waves of grief and loss. I start going over everything in my mind again and again, what could I have done differently, how could I have changed this horrible outcome. His bladder was blocked and his kidney was failing , so I think, I should have fed him a better diet. I should have made sure he was drinking enough water. I should have kept better track of his bathroom habits. I should have kept him inside so I would have noticed sooner that he was having trouble peeing. Over and over in my head, I keep going over everything. And it changes nothing.

Just know that you are not alone in your grief. I hope that, little by little, we get through this.

Christa 💕🙏
SadLou

Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboo918
Lou,

I know it's been the same amount of time for us, a week and 2 days since we lost our babies. I'm feeling a little less despondent, but still getting those waves of grief and loss. I start going over everything in my mind again and again, what could I have done differently, how could I have changed this horrible outcome. His bladder was blocked and his kidney was failing , so I think, I should have fed him a better diet. I should have made sure he was drinking enough water. I should have kept better track of his bathroom habits. I should have kept him inside so I would have noticed sooner that he was having trouble peeing. Over and over in my head, I keep going over everything. And it changes nothing.

Just know that you are not alone in your grief. I hope that, little by little, we get through this.

Christa 💕🙏
Christa I completely understand I keep going through everything in my head that I shouldn't of let him out that day that I should of looked for him sooner I cannot seem to accept it and keep crying myself to sleep at night, hope you find some comfort soon too x

Reply with quote  #34 
I miss you my baby, I miss you napping with me, I miss you cuddling with me, I miss your personality, I miss your meow, your smell, your attitude, your looks, I just miss you being here, it doesn't feel real that you are gone, I wish there was a way to know you're okay and happy and the rainbow bridge, like one hour or even one minute to see you kiss you hug you and tell you how much I miss and love you because I do so much, I hope you've had a good day and always know I'm thinking of you

Reply with quote  #35 
Another day without you another day my heart is broken and empty, the house isn't and never will be the same my baby, we saw your best cat friend today he looked saddened and wouldn't come near the house as he usually would as though he knew you were gone and just popped over to say hi and sorry I'm still struggling to come to terms with what's happened and that you're gone to loose you so quickly and horribly makes it harder, we talk about you all the time as well as talking to you, I miss and love you so much Billy

Reply with quote  #36 
Louise, I’m so sorry you lost Billy! What happened to him was absolutely awful but it was so good that you found him and he didn’t die alone. He came home and he knew you were there for him to the end.
Hugs to you!
CK
SadLou

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1991
Louise, I’m so sorry you lost Billy! What happened to him was absolutely awful but it was so good that you found him and he didn’t die alone. He came home and he knew you were there for him to the end.
Hugs to you!
CK
thank you for your sweet comment it is one of the only things keeping me going is knowing he came home and he waited for us but I'm so broken that someone did that to him and am full of regret from that night

Reply with quote  #38 
Yes SadLou it is really tough to get thru this. Mine, too tried to make it back to us after being hit by a car. Ours was about 11 years old making him 55-60 in cat years. I’m not sure what the future holds but I do know he would have been treated probably about the same if he didn’t get taken away from us that day or night. Have you been able to find a similar looking love close to him? I would recommend that as it has helped w our recovery. It can’t replace Billy but it is the closest thing to replacing a true love you have. We still can’t come up with a name for our new identical 9 month old. He is only indoors for now but so close to our lost love!

Attached Images
jpeg BD283318-2CDC-487C-8A37-5E5F99B56868.jpeg (281.67 KB, 1 views)

Cboo918

Reply with quote  #39 
I was thinking the same thing Cazee, about getting another cat that looked like my Monkey. When I see kitties that look like him, my heart swoons. But I have two other cats, and they really don't like outsiders. I would hate to bring another cat into a stressful situation situation.

Louise, I grieve so much for my boy. I think about all his cute little quirks. He would do this adorable yawn/meow, I swear he did it just to amuse me. He loved the smell of my toothpaste and would get super lovey after I brushed my teeth. He would walk all over my car, I still see his little paw prints on it :(
He would get the zoomies and run amok, and end up hiding behind the tv. If he got super playful and I got scratched by accident, all I would do is say ow and he would start rubbing up against me and purring, as if to say sorry mom, didn't mean to hurt you. But he was never mean, always sweet to me, never bit or scratched. Such a pure, sweet boy. He's my heart.

CK1991

Reply with quote  #40 
You’re welcome Louise! It is so heartbreaking that anyone could do that to Billy! I hope you can find peace knowing that Billy came home because he felt safe and loved with you. He was where he wanted to be. Xx
CK
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.