Bethbug64 Show full post »
Marie123
Morning Cindy! Nah we just grabbed a bite to eat and,we're gonna save the movie for Sun when it's daylight. I get so nervous leaving the house when it gets dark so early. Plus my friend had to wait all day for her car and had to work today so I figured we'd just wait. We're still gonna see it though!
Raven was a baby when I got her so she grew up with me. Argento took longer since he was a grown cat but I just kept putting food out and sticking around until he got used to me. Finally one day I got to pet him! After that he started following me around and wanting to come inside. I guess you could start encouraging this one to come back over if she only lives a couple doors down. Or you could bring the food and sit with her while she eats until she gets used to you, which might be a bit cold right now! If she comes to your house maybe put the shelter nearby so she'll get used to staying at your house. Every kitty is different so you might have to experiment to see what works but the main thing here is to be persistent and get her used to you. It's great that you're making a difference in her life already. Most folks don't think twice about these poor animals out in the cold. They just go on like they don't even see them 😿You're doing the right thing just by caring!
Lol right now my two boys, Phoenix and Argento, are at the window staring outside at a woodpecker hammering away at my bamboo tree! It's the quietest they've been all morning! It's little moments like these that give me the most pleasure with my animals I think. I just wish my girl was still here.
Good luck with the kitty-taming! Hope you and your crew have a great weekend!
Marie and the crew 🐱🐊🐌
Quote 0 0
Bethbug64
Hi Marie. Haven't got on here for a few days. I've been keeping busy. I started selling on eBay again because money has been tight. I used to have 2 elderly women in my neighborhood that I worked for privately in addition to my regular client but the one had a relative (I believe from Missouri) move in with her about a year ago and she didn't need me anymore. That was like a year ago but the other lady Jane just moved to North Carolina with her family in September so no more extra money. With Christmas coming I'm kinda stressing out.

Anyway how are you doing? Did you get to see murder on the Orient express? I've been seeing that advertised on tv. It looks good. Did you do anything else fun over the weekend? IM Just like you with not wanting to be out for more then 4 or 5 hours. I feel so bad because I work so many hours that on the weekend I just feel terrible leaving them for more then a few hours. That must have been cute with Phoenix and Argento staring at the woodpecker. Do you get the big piliated woodpeckers there in Missouri or just the small ones, Downey's I think their called.

I've still been feeding the stray kitty every day. It's pretty much impossible to sit over there for her to get used to me because it's completely dark and cold now when I walk Zoey after work and plus I always have Zoey with me to who gets all excited and obnoxious when she sees a new cat lol. I haven't encouraged her to come to my house because it kinda worries me. If I get her to start hanging out near my house but can't get her tame enough to come in the house there's not a lot of hide out places near my house.. Like from the cold and I also worry about dogs after what happened to little kitty. I haven't seen any sign that she's been using the little house I made for her. I tried putting catnip in it but I don't think she's using it though. I think I mentioned there's tons of old restaurant equipment and junk thrown behind that restaurant under an old pavilion so I think she hides back there. Maybe if it's milder one of these weekends when I have a day off I'll try to sit over there with her for a while.

Well I'm at work...2 more hours to go. Hope you have a good evening tonight 🌈💙💞.. Cindy
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hey there Cindy! I'm doing ok I guess. We got to see the movie and it was really good! I've always loved mysteries anyway. Went to my friend's house to eat and see her daughter who lives closer to the city but other than that nothing exciting.I'm on eBay a lot so I might see you there. Small world isn't it?
Yeah we get the big pileated woodpeckers, downys hairys and the red-bellied ones. They love to tease the cats! It's neat seeing all the different animals that come to eat and drink.
Can't say I blame you for not trying to get the kitty to come to your house. You just never know what'll happen anymore. So sad. At least she's eating well. My nerves have been kind of on edge lately and I don't know if it's my hormones combined with stress and the time change or what. Like you I try to keep myself busy but lately I've just been going pillar to post and I'm exhausted but just can't power down enough to relax. It's so annoying! I'm trying to get excited about the holidays but I'd rather just hibernate till it's over. This was about the time last year I found out Raven was ill and she was sick last Christmas so there's just no joy there at all. I hate how I feel sometimes. It's like will I EVER be happy again?!?! Sorry I'm so negative but it's just been rough. I hope you're doing well and your crew is happy and well. They sure are fun aren't they?
Hope to hear from you again soon! 🐱🐌🐊
Quote 0 0
Bethbug64
Hi Marie.. Glad the movie was good. I always want to see different movies but don't usually have anyone to go with so then I always say...well I'll rent it at Redbox when it's released but then of course I never do.
Yea I used to sell on eBay for like 3 years straight but then I just kinda stopped maybe a year ago. Can't remember for sure but it was just too much. My hours with my regular client just kept getting pushed to more and more by her daughter and IV been working a 10 hour day there for probably over a year and the other woman Jane (the one who moved to North Carolina in September) was getting worse and took a couple falls and she just wanted my help constantly. I was so stressed I had no time for anything including eBay but since she moved the beginning of September I've thought about how I really need to start again but like you, I just have felt completely unmotivated to do anything beyond what I absolutely must do each day but money is getting tight so I made myself start again. I sell mostly clothing. Some I get for free from like my daughter's or sometimes my clients daughter will have things for Goodwill and she'll let me go through them for things I wanna sell and I get things at thrift store to. My eBay username is the same as the one for this site (Bethbug64). Don't have to much on there yet. It's time consuming but I have to say..it's actually been helping me emotionally. Iv been feeling the same as you lately and like you said I feel like it's probably a combination of things.. The cold weather, the time change, Little Kitty dying and my friend Steve (we considered each other boyfriend and girlfriend) but it was more like just friends I guess got mad at me. He completely stopped communicating with me. I haven't spoke to him in like 11 days. I've just been extremely down. The eBay has been keeping my mind off other things.
So you have all kinds of woodpeckers there! I have mostly the little downys here at my house and the other one that's small but has a red head, I forget the name, something hairy I think lol.
I know the feeling about Christmas. I'm not into it either. Just found out my family is coming to my house for Thanksgiving so now I'm forced to think about it. They will all bring food also so it won't be too much work but I really hadn't even thought about Thanksgiving till my daughter started asking about it the other day.
Well this message is getting pretty long..I always love talking back and forth with you. I learned a new phrase from you. I've never heard of ,,(from pillar to post) before. I googled it. Now I know. I hope you and your gang are having a good evening... Take care 🐮🐩🐆 Cindy
Quote 0 0
Marie123
Hi, Cindy! Yeah pillar to post is a British term and it made me laugh and kind of sums up how I feel running all over the place some days. I've been spinning my wheels on nervous energy lately. That's so sad about Steve. I wonder what his deal is? Humans are weird though. That's why I like animals I guess. I finally got the guts to send my ex-roommate a note,asking her to return the album she took with her that had Raven's baby pictures in it but I doubt it'll do any good. She probably threw them away 😿 At least I'll give her a guilt trip before the holidays.
Yeah I haven't thought about Thanksgiving either. My friend asked me if I was coming this year and I just truthfully told her I don't know. I'll have to see how I feel that day. You know how folks tell you one day at a time? I have to take it 5 minutes at a time lol! It's just hard to think about it right now. I just miss Raven so much! It's amazing how attached we can get isn't it?
I hope Steve gets back to you. I know how that feels too. People are just so odd at times. Animals never do stuff like that. That's why their love is so pure and unconditional 🐱
This is what I'll miss most at Christmas~
Quote 0 0