Tondrew
Saffie was an amazing little 7lb Dachuahua who I had since she was 6 weeks old. She was 15 1/2 when I had to let her go yesterday after struggling with kidney failure and vestibular syndrome.

It was one of the hardest things I've ever done and part of me still wonders if I did the right thing or could have done more. I feel like it would have been selfish to prolong her suffering and yet I didn't want to let her go. 

She was the one constant in my life for the past 15 years who was with me through the best and worst of times. I love her dearly and miss her so much it truly feels like my heart is broken. I miss her so much and can't imagine that the pain will lessen. 

I wish I could have had just a little more time but she was starting to suffer and I couldn't bear it. 

I miss you so much Saffie. I love you.
Quote 0 0
NormaT
Dear Tondrew

It is just so very difficult to let them go. At 15+ Saffie and you have had lots of good years together. The doubts and the guilt are normal and everyone here has had these thoughts / feelings. The pain and pure anguish will feel unbearable right now and I'm sorry but it is something you will have to go through to be able to accept your loss and adapt to life without Saffie. This may seem impossible but please trust me for now, accept the roller coaster of emotions you will have and be reassured there is heap loads of support right here on this site.

Sending you a massive virtual hug.

Norma
Norma 
Quote 0 0
Tondrew
Thank you for your understanding and compassion. Grief and loss honestly just suck at the end of the day. There's not much you can do but feel it. I'm afraid of the grief and memories becoming more distant and not feeling the loss anymore and somehow forgetting the details and the love becoming a concept rather than something visceral and tangible. ... which is just a really long way of saying I wish I could just hold her one more time to make sure I never forget.
Quote 0 0
Chrissy
Sorry for your loss. 15 years is such a big chunk of your life and its only natural that you have deep pain and anguish. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you are not alone. I too would like one last hug or sloppy kiss from Duke who we had to let go on 1st February. They come into our lives and give us so much joy and the pain is overwhelming when we lose them. X
Quote 0 0
Tommyhunter123
I am sorry for your loss, I too lost my beagle Luckydog of 14 years to kidney and liver failure 5 months ago and the pain is not going away. I wish you all the best and hope to see you on monday nites candlelighting ceramony.
david gaspari
David R. Gaspari
Quote 0 0
rguerrero
I am so sorry for your loss. Yes, the pain is unbearable. I too lost my baby girl 2 1/2 months ago and I think about her everyday. I miss her with all my heart and wish that I could just see her one more time. Your pain is real, take all the time you need to grieve. Your baby gave you all her love and it's so hard to live your days without her..
Lacy's mom
Quote 0 0