Shawn768
Hello my name is Shawn, I just joined this forum. Two weeks ago my 16 year old Russian blue cat Dylan stopped eating, his eyes were dilated and he was throwing up, it turned out to be neurological and I had to say goodbye today, the pain is unbearable. I live alone and suffer from anxiety issues, this precious cat was my life and had the most sensitive soul of any cat I have ever had. He had been with me through some of the most trying times in my life. I feel lost and know this will take so long to come to grips with. I love you forever and miss you already my baby boy. Much love and healing prayers to everyone who has lost a special companion. DSCN5054 - Copy.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Mousefords_Mom
Hi Shawn,

I'm so sorry about the loss of Dylan. What a handsome guy he was. It is so hard losing your best friend. I just wrote my own first post about losing my little dog, so I feel for you right now. I suffer from anxiety issues as well & my dog, Mouseford, seemed to cure all that when he was here. Please try to take care of yourself during this terrible time. The people on this forum are here for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Maggy
Maggy
***Loving & missing my sweet Mouseford***
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Shawn,

I am so, terribly sorry for your loss. Dylan was beautiful! What a tragic way to lose him, and so unexpectedly. Losing a pet and a friend is truly difficult. My heart goes out to you in this difficult time.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
myangel1
I'm so sorry. I had to let mine go last Friday. Definitely one of the most difficult days of my life. I totally understand how you feel, each pet is so special in their own way and can never be replaced. I'm so sorry.
Quote 0 0
Lamont
I can certainly relate, Shawn, having lost my best friend, ever to hyperthyroidism/heart failure just a few weeks ago.
She saw me through a 3 year health crisis and was by my side all the way. She knew something was going on with me, and consoled me as a good friend does.

I found that No amount of advice or common sense really helps at first, as it is just unbearable and all that stuff you've been feeling.

I cried, and cried, till I thought I couldn't cry anymore, then cried a lot more. Dreadful.

You've found a supportive group here, and when we're not bawling our eyes out or walking around like sad zombies, we try to be supportive.

I think there is hope, though, as I am only about half-miserable able 100% of the time, and I can actually fantasize about adopting sometime in the future.

I know will never be so lucky to stumble across a cat like my Bertie, but hopefully when it's time to look at cats who need a new daddy, the right one will come home with us.
What Bertie wants me to do is to remember the wonderful years we had together, and honor those memories by opening my heart and home to another cat who needs a daddy, just like she did.

Ok, time to be sad for a while.
L
Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0
tr4822
So sorry Shawn for the loss of your beloved furbaby. I had to say goodbye to my senior pup 6 days ago due to a fast growing tumor. The pain and sadness is still as raw as it was on day one for me. I know in time all of us in this situation will get to a point where we can think of our babies in a very special and fond way w/o so much sadness but with wonderful loving memories. Not sure when that will be for me. This support group is helpful though. We are all experiencing the same emotions and sadness, guilt, etc. I hope you find some moments of comfort in the coming days. You gave your baby a wonderful life and received unconditional love in return. Take care       Tom Rhodes 
Thomas H. Rhodes
Quote 0 0
zakatak
Hi Shawn,

I understand your pain all too well - I just lost my 8 month old Great Dane puppy to a sudden heart attack and my world is reeling.  He was my heart puppy to help me heal from losing my 9 year old Newfie last June.  So two pups within a year and I'm just lost.

I have a cat, my heart kitty, who wasn't supposed to live past 3 weeks old and he's still with me at 3 years old.  He didn't leave my side when my Newfie Dudley died and he has not left my side as of yet (it's been 1 week today).  He knows I am so sad and he is there whenever I reach out, day or night.  He's not here, right this second, because he's eating, I hope.  😉  Either that or he is feeling I am doing ok for now.

Time will heal some of the heartbreak, I know.  It's tough to get through the first month or so of this big grief.  Once you're ready to open your heart again, please let someone else it.  Yes, it hurts but I wouldn't trade a DAY of our time together to avoid this grief.  Duncan was such a GOOD BOY.  Smart, beautiful, gentle, funny... all rolled into one large "puppy".  In 6 months, he went from 20 pounds to 130 pounds and still had lots of growing to do.  We had plans to do Therapy Work and he was well on his way (already aced Obedience 1 and we were to start Canine Good Citizen this Saturday).

Take care Shawn and we are here for you, if you need anything.

Karen

*  Duncan the Dane - taken WAY too soon (7/27/17 - 3/28/18)
*  Missing Dudley the Newf (3/13/08 - 6/12/17)
Quote 0 0
Shawn768
Thank you Maggy, Val, Taylor, Lamont, Thomas, and Karen, for your support, it means so much to me right now, and I can feel the love and pain you all are going through trying to cope with the loss of your precious companions. I have lost several cats through the years and it has always been unbearably painful. My life with Dylan was a bond I have never had before, all of my cats were special but more independent and they had each other where Dylan was an only child 😉 He had to be in the same room with me all of the time, he would poke my face when he was cold so he could get under the blanket and cuddle as close as he could to me. fall asleep on my chest with his head on my shoulder, and always so grateful after each meal he would climb on my lap and start kneading my stomach. I really do hope and pray I will see him again one day, I miss him so much, love and healing energy to everyone
Quote 0 0
Lamont

Shawn, youre right, when you click with that special animal, and bond, it's not like they are "just a cat" or dog. 
I have had about 6 other pets, and dearly loved them all, but this last one was something special. The minute I got to "meet" her at the shelter, it was love at first sight, for both of us.

So much joy. But wow, the price has been high, too.

Hope you have better days ahead.

Bertie's Daddy
Quote 0 0