KittyBoy4ever
I've had the pleasure of knowing and loving my sweet kitty friend for a little over 4 years. This past Friday, July 21, my most precious one was taken from me without warning. It was a normal day in any other way, up until my neighbor opened my front door without knocking and proceeded in accidentally letting my cat out. He was scared, as I live on a very busy highway and it was rush hour traffic. He ran directly into the traffic and although I desperately tried to stop it, a car hit him severely injuring him. So I scooped my baby up and rushed him to safety, but he was so traumatized that he bite and scratched me many times. (I do not blame him for that at all.) I then wrapped him up in my t-shirt and rushed him to the nearest animal hospital. Where they told me he was not going to make it and I had to make the decision to euthanize him. (He was in so much pain and it was the only thing I could do for him.) Since I was bitten, I was not aloud to bring his body home to be buried properly. They informed me that he would be sent to the state lab to be tested for rabies, although he was vaccinated. So needless to say I am completely destroyed by all of this. Not only is my dearest friend gone, but I can't even lay his body to rest. And as for my careless neighbor, I feel so much hatred and animosity towards her. How dare she come into my house unannounced, sending my sweet Kitty Boy to his untimely demise. I'm just so lost without my best friend. All I do is cry. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I keep replaying it, over and over again. The pain in my heart is unbearable. The pain of all my wounds is nothing compared to pain of losing my best friend. How can I possibly go on?
Quote 0 0
tcouto
I am so sorry.  I know how you feel.  It is terrible/awful, these feelings so overwhelming.  My cat was my salvation.  I don't know how I am going to cope with this.  God help us.
ddd
Quote 0 0
KittyBoy4ever
I'm sorry for your loss as well. I don't even know where to begin to go on without my sweetest friend? He was always there for me. Even when no one else was. He wasn't my possession or something that belonged to me. He was my family. My heart, my soul. He knew me better than anyone. Just looking around my empty apartment at all of his stuff (his bed, toys, food dish, water bowl, litter box, combs, etc), it breaks my heart even more. To have him taken in such a horrific way just feels so unjust. He was in the prime of his life. And will be missed until one day when we will hopefully meet again.
Quote 0 0
tigerlight
He's beautiful. He will forever be in your heart. I know this is terrible, hard and unfair and you will need to take time to grieve. One day you'll see him but I bet in the future you will have others who need their lives enriched by you. He knew how much you loved him and you were there until the end. If they cremate him you can buy an urn or necklace to put some of his ashes in to wear around your neck. I was so frazzled when my baby was suddenly in trouble and died on that day but when I picked up his ashes I felt instant peace. It's still been hard but I made a shadow box of his favorite toys and pictures. I'm saving his favorite blanket in one too. Do what you can to remember the good times.
Angie Dallas
Quote 0 0
KittyBoy4ever
Thank you for your kind words. It really means alot right now. I'm just so devastated by all this. It was so sudden. He was my baby from the moment I first laid eyes on him, 5/21/13. And I adored him so. It just really sux to say goodbye. Your shadow boxes sound really cool though. I'm sorry for your loss too.
Quote 0 0
KittyBoy4ever
Agreed. I'm not sure if you know the way they test deceased animals for rabies, but it's that much more heart wrenching for me. They have to remove the head and test the brain. And if he's negative, which he will be, then I can pick up the remainder of his body at the state lab. As if all of this wasn't painful enough already. The thought of them doing that to my precious baby boy makes me so sick.
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's been less than2 weeks since i lost my baby bora. His death was sudden and unexpected as well. The pain has been over whelming and purr agony. A friend was watching him for me and her pit killed him. Like you I have so much anger towards her. Why did she allow him to be around her pit. She said she wouldn't. My baby was a small baby. Prayer and.meditation is helping me. And talking to people who understand that these little beings were family to us. May God give you the strength you need. I will keep you in prayer.
Quote 0 0
KittyBoy4ever
Thank you Suzi17. I'm sorry you have lost your loved one too. I just keep reliving it and wishing with all my heart that I could've changed the outcome. But there's nothing I can do to make it any different. It has been a great comfort to share these feelings with like minded individuals, such as yourself. It seems like no one else really understands what I'm going through. But I did finally receive a phone call from the state lab and they confirmed he did not have rabies. So now I can at least pick him up and bring him home. I will keep you in my prayers as well.
Quote 0 0
KittyBoy4ever
Well I finally got to lay my baby's body to rest. I unfortunately did not have the money to have him cremated. But he is at home in the back of my flower garden. My youngest son and I decorated his final resting place with flowers from our yard. And I feel some solace knowing he's home. The memories of him, throughout our journey together, will always live on in my heart. I love you my sweetest Kitty Boy. I will always love you. Until we meet again my darling.

Kitty Boy Hicks
5/21/13 - 7/21/17
Quote 0 0
Eileennellie
I'm so sorry. That was not fair what happened to you and your beautiful kitty. He is at peace now, with you forever. I would lock my door and tell that neighbor to never come over unannounced. Some people are just idiots.
Quote 0 0
XOGradyXO
I'm so sorry about your sweet kitty. I just lost mine this past Sunday and it's devastating.
Quote 0 0
KittyBoy4ever
I'm sorry for your loss also. The community in this forum has helped me alot. It's hard to explain to most people the heartache and devastation I feel without my baby by my side. Knowing that there are people who understand the pain I'm going through makes a big difference. So thank you rainbowsbridge
Quote 0 0