benjiboo
On May 17, 2018 I lost my best friend, Benji. Benji was 11 years old and had multiple health issues which resulted in the heartbreaking decision to put him down to avoid pain and suffering. I miss him every single day and I feel like he took a piece of my heart with him. I feel so alone because it seems like my family was able to grieve very quickly- but it’s not as easy for me. I cannot stop looking at old pictures and videos and crying. I feel like my family thinks i’m silly for being so heartbroken but I really am. I don’t know how to deal with this pain and heartache. I miss him so much.

Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on the loss of your wonderful Benji. You've come to the right place for support and understanding. Everyone here understands the feeling of losing a beloved pet. There is nothing easy about the resulting grief and most certainly no time limit on your feelings of loss. Take as much time as you need to mourn. You and your Benji shared a very close bond and it's a difficult road. When you would like to share more about Benji, please post more about him. Wishing you peace,
Sam
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Sending hugs your way. I’m so sorry for the loss of your sweet Benji. My heart goes out to you. Don’t feel guilty or silly for your emotions/grieving. You’re not being silly. Everyone grieves differently. And depending on how close they were. There is no “one size fits all” grief. There is no time limit. Don’t let anyone make you feel silly about you being devestated of the loss of Benji. My family isn’t there for me much. It’s been a month now exactly since my baby Teddy passed and I still cry a lot. You came to the right place.
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
benjiboo
Sampson wrote:
My deepest condolences on the loss of your wonderful Benji. You've come to the right place for support and understanding. Everyone here understands the feeling of losing a beloved pet. There is nothing easy about the resulting grief and most certainly no time limit on your feelings of loss. Take as much time as you need to mourn. You and your Benji shared a very close bond and it's a difficult road. When you would like to share more about Benji, please post more about him. Wishing you peace,
Sam

Thank you so much for your kind words and well wishes.
Quote 0 0
benjiboo
JennyTeddy wrote:
Sending hugs your way. I’m so sorry for the loss of your sweet Benji. My heart goes out to you. Don’t feel guilty or silly for your emotions/grieving. You’re not being silly. Everyone grieves differently. And depending on how close they were. There is no “one size fits all” grief. There is no time limit. Don’t let anyone make you feel silly about you being devestated of the loss of Benji. My family isn’t there for me much. It’s been a month now exactly since my baby Teddy passed and I still cry a lot. You came to the right place.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It’s reassuring to know that I’m not alone in my grief. I’m so sorry to hear about Teddy- pets are truly irreplaceable. I’m also sorry to hear that your family isn’t always there for you, I completely understand that. But i’m happy to have found a place where people truly understand because it makes me feel less alone. Although I still feel sad every day, reading through threads does make me feel better. I hope things get easier for the both of us here on out!
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
💛 my heart, hugs and love go out to you. This forum has been a blessing, especially with not having any support, as you know. I hope you find the love & support you need. I am confident you will here. Everyone is so understanding and sympathetic, empathetic and just sweethearts. I hope you’re doing okay. It’s a pinaful journey without them. 💔💛

Quote 0 0
CK1991
I'm so sorry about your Benji. I think your family loved Benji but just not quite in the same way you did. When we share a close bond with our pets it's very difficult to grieve quickly. Both of my little dogs have now been gone for over 2 years. I still kiss each of their urns every night and I know I won't ever forget them. You and your beloved Benji had a very special bond so you will need time to grieve his loss because it is so much harder for you. Our family and friends can't always understand what it is like. Coming here has been helpful for me and I'm glad that posting here and reading through threads is helpful for you. You are not alone. I remember the first few days and weeks were filled with so much pain. Things do get easier.
Take Care and hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
catiebee
The grief right at first is so intense, so utterly horrible and it feels unbearable. I think most everyone here understands. I hope things will start to get easier for you, but don't be surprised if progress is slow. Grief can take the stuffings out of us so be extra kind to yourself in these early days. I'm so sorry for your loss of Benji and send warm thoughts and hugs to you.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
benjiboo
Thank you all for your kind words- it truly means so much to me. It makes me sad to think that such tradegy is what has brought us all together but having a forum like this is also incredibly hopeful. It hasn’t been easy but I am finally starting to feel a little bit better. My heart breaks for my other dog, Milo, who has lost his best friend. Part of me feels Milo needs another companion (maybe another dog or cat) but I’m not sure if I can handle ever getting another dog. Have any of you experienced this? I don’t want Milo to be lonely, but I’m just not sure if getting another dog so soon is the best way to do things. Milo was 3 months old when he came into my family and Benji was with him from the very beginning and they were absolute best friends.
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
benjiboo wrote:
Thank you all for your kind words- it truly means so much to me. It makes me sad to think that such tradegy is what has brought us all together but having a forum like this is also incredibly hopeful. It hasn’t been easy but I am finally starting to feel a little bit better. My heart breaks for my other dog, Milo, who has lost his best friend. Part of me feels Milo needs another companion (maybe another dog or cat) but I’m not sure if I can handle ever getting another dog. Have any of you experienced this? I don’t want Milo to be lonely, but I’m just not sure if getting another dog so soon is the best way to do things. Milo was 3 months old when he came into my family and Benji was with him from the very beginning and they were absolute best friends.

My heart goes out to you and your sweet Milo 💛 I think it’s best to wait a before getting another friend for Milo because dogs & cats (any pet) do go through grief as well and sometimes it can be too much for them. Sometimes it’s brightens their spirit having a new friend and sometimes they don’t like it. (Everyone, pet or human is different) Everyone grieves differently, there is no right or wrong way of grieving. They say not to make any big decisions while grieving, to allow yourself time and be very patient with yourself. There is no right or wrong way to grieve. You know yourself and Milo best. So just listen to your gut/intuition on yourself and Milo and make the choice that you feel best suits you both 💛

Quote 0 0
benjiboo
So about three months have passed since I lost Benji. Honestly, I’ve been doing p well these past few months.I’m not sure why but yesterday my grief and sadness hit me so hard. I’ve missed Benji every day since he’s passed but I feel as though I’ve been able to cope with it but for some reason these past two days have been so incredibly hard. Sometimes it really hits me that he’s not coming back no matter how much I wish he could. Do you guys get these random days of extreme sadness? i’m not sure how to deal with it- I thought his initially passing would be the hardest part but this feels just as bad :(
Quote 0 0