Keegs23
I lost my dog on Feb 15th of this year. Since then, I've cried myself to sleep every night. From that day until the beginning of June I felt so lost. I didn't do anything I just sat around and cried. I am still crying but after gaining some weight I've tried to be active again and take up golf and try to play soccer again. It's so hard for me, I feel like I lost a part of my life. My dog was our "family dog" but I like to think she favored me in a way because we were always together and I did everything with her. Heck, every time I left for college the hardest goodbye was my dog because she was my best friend. I'm just kind of at a road block because it is so difficult for me to "get over" because it's not something that I will ever "get over" because she was my life. It's difficult because now it's been a little over 4 months and when I cry everyone in my family says "just get over it we miss her too stop crying". I just am looking for ways to deal with it and reassurance. She was my absolute best friend.
Quote 0 0
Denny
hey found this support forum maybe it will help. We lose our choco lab annie lou this week, we had to have her put to sleep. she was diabetic, lost her sight, had severe breathing problem do to  LP, had a hard time with her mobility. she was almost 13, we got  her as a puppy. we still have Max our black lab. but i just can't get a handle on such sorrow. she'd wag her tail every time we passed her and you could hear the thump on the wall. now the house is so quiet. my heart feel so empty, i feel so alone. my wife is doing better, but i just can't bounce back to every day life. I'm 68 and have seen death many times including the passing of my 8 year old son many years ago. anyone have these feeling? miss my Annie it's been sense July 2 this year just a couple days ago.
Quote 0 0