ZippyClaire2003
It has been one week since I had to let go of my baby. She was 12 and a half, I knew she was getting older but everything happened so quickly. I am devastated and have barely been able to function this past week. I would give anything for more time with her. I have just completed her memorial and feel somewhat relieved that I have a place to go where I can write to her. I just don't know how to cope right now, I have been crying every day.
Quote 0 0
ChrissyEve
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my baby girl Josie almost a month ago and all I do everyday is cry. It's hard to comprehend sometimes isn't it? It doesn't seem real. But every night when you go to bed and every morning when you wake up it hits you over and over again. I so wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but I know there isn't. Just please know that there are people who actually understand your loss and your grief. You're not alone.
Quote 0 0
GeeAnn
It is so very hard.  My sweet pup died at 13 1/2 years just 10 weeks ago and I still cry--but not all the time like I did in the beginning.  I miss him so much.  But I am now able to talk about him without crying and to remember some of his silly ways and smile and then cry because I miss him so much!  Feel free to post memories of your sweet baby here.  You have so many who understand how you feel and want to help you feel better.

Quote 0 0
catlong75
I lost my baby 8 days ago. just picked up her ashes today. I was hoping all week that they would tell me that there was a mistake and my dog would come running out to me. Man was I disappointed when i got handed a bag with her ashes in a box.
hitomi's mom
Quote 0 0
JLong
Someone please tell me it gets better. Lost my Sadie 24 hours ago and I am crushed...
Quote 0 0
KB22
I lost my Jackson 3.5 weeks ago.  I was just devastated, he and I were joined at the hip, I work from home, so I was basically with him all the time.  At just about 16 his health just went, spent months in limbo, meds, etc, and then one day, it was time, I could not have felt more like my heart was ripped from me.  I sobbed for 24 straight hours, then lessened, but felt so heavy, I guess I must have looked over to his where about every 5 minutes, cause thats what I did for a week, causing more tears.  BUT...  it does get better, I really didn't think it would.  It took me a week just to look at pictures of him, I can do that now.  I can even mention his name and talk about things he did.  We have a bridge in our backyard that was his bridge, he loved to sit on it, I sit on it and tell him stories and cry.  I swear I see his image in the clouds and I talk, talk and talk to him.  I went through all the phases, the vet was wrong, I was wrong, he wasn't really sick, yes he was, no he wasn't, where is his body, is he cremated yet, he's gone, he's really gone, man I loved him, just loved, loved him.  He was for sure my forever dog.  It DOES get better, I am now so proud that I had a forever dog and that we had such a great relationship, it was like a third of my life having him for 16 years.  He was a good dog, as I am sure ALL of your dogs were good dogs, that's why we come here, if we didn't hurt, we didn't love.  IT WILL GET BETTER..    to JLong...  much love, find peace and remember well !
Quote 0 0
ZippyClaire2003
Thank you for your comfort. I am still crying daily, but I have started going through her photo albums and remembering so many little things. I am blessed to have shared my life with a tiny angel but it is very hard coming home and not seeing her curled up on her corner of the couch.
Quote 0 0
LindaDwyer
It does get better with time, just remember we never really get over loosing them, we just learn to live without them.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
Quote 0 0
Annies18forever
This is the third day without my Annie. I am still crying .. I want her home so much..... I don't know what to do
Quote 0 0