shannymom
I lost my best friend of 13 years on July 2, 2016. Shannon "Shanny" showed our family unconditional love, we gave her same in return. I lost her suddenly, likely due to severe stress of another dog coming in my yard. She had a heart attack trying to protect me. 
I am so saddened and cannot imagine my home without my beloved dog and sweetie. Shanny was showing signs of slowing down but did not complain. I am not sure how to move on without her. Tears.  shan 1.jpg 
Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Theresa,

I am so, so sorry for the sudden loss of your absolutely beautiful Shannon, such a beautiful girl in the photo, absolutely gorgeous.
She did what she has always done her whole life, protected you to the end, such a brave girl and the love you have for each other will never end Theresa, Shanny will always be with you, never will she leave you to be alone, the bond you have with each other is far too strong to not continue even now, of this Shanny will make sure.

How do you move on without her you ask??? Baby steps Theresa, that is the best we can hope for during this time....but you aren't moving on without her, you are going forward with Shanny in your heart, you will honor her each and every time you think and talk about her and your Shanny will be so happy to hear you do so.

I am so, so sorry for your loss, please take your time, grieving has no time limit, so no need to push or rush yourself. Visit here often, we all understand the heartache and pain you are suffering, those first few days/weeks/months are so hard, the pain at times unbearable...baby steps Theresa.....one tiny step at a time is such a huge accomplishment....

Hold Shanny close to your heart and you will always feel her love and her presence, never doubt the power of our girls when it comes to their love...that powerful love never ends Theresa.
May the wonderful and loving moments you and Shanny shared over the years help bring the much needed peace and healing your heart and soul desires and deserves...baby steps Theresa...but we are with you every step of the way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera

Image result for winnie the pooh quotes

Quote 0 0
Weepatchesoflove
Hiya shannys mom
I too am very sorry on the loss of your gorgeous girl. I echo everything Bellas mom says - it truly is an awful time and there is nothing that I can say to make it any better. I hope you find some peace here, it is an amazing place and the help that you can get on here is huge, just to know you are not alone and are normal in the way you feel can be a help in its self.
Take care and best wishes
Michelle &Patches
Patches mum
Quote 0 0
shannymom
Thank you for your kind, supportive words, Patches mum and Don n Vera. I keep blaming myself for not shooing the other dog away. I feel so guilty like I should have known this could potentially occur. Medically, it's apparent that Shanny had a heart problem exacerbated by severe stress, but it doesn't help me feel any better. I am crying and sick to my stomach....cannot eat and sleep. How I loved my dear Shanny.....everyone who came in contact with my sweetie. There is no way to explain it but my Shanny was my best friend. I am devastated and don't know how I will ever return to normalcy. What can I do to begin healing? I'm heartbroken and devastated. Sorry to release my pain but I don't know who else to share this with. 
Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
RobertandJack
I lost my sweet boy Jack on July 2.  He had become ill very suddenly.  I actually don't know what i am doing.  I just understand how you feel.
Quote 0 0
StephV
My heart just melted at your sweet baby's picture.  I lost my sweet Sadie July 2 when we had to put her down because of a sudden cancer diagnosis.  I don't even know how to move through each day at this point.  Your story is heartbreaking but it melts my heart to read each story because we are all here to love our babies together.  Your sweet little protector has a special place in my heart today too. 
Quote 0 0
shannymom
My new friends---I am so grateful for this forum...it's a chance to help me understand that we are all in this together. It is so hard....it has been only 3 days since I lost my precious Shanny baby but I do have to work. I find myself putting my head in my hands and sobbing throughout the day. My neighbors are out of town and the other neighbor was watching their chocolate Lab. Well guess what? ...that Lab was at my house all day today....almost as if my Shanny said "go spend time w/ my Mommy...she is lonely and sad" . It truly is amazing that dogs do have an intuition that we do not understand. Did Shanny send Mocha to comfort me/ 

Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
shannymom
RobertandJack wrote:
I lost my sweet boy Jack on July 2.  He had become ill very suddenly.  I actually don't know what i am doing.  I just understand how you feel.

God Bless you!
Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
shannymom
StephV wrote:
My heart just melted at your sweet baby's picture.  I lost my sweet Sadie July 2 when we had to put her down because of a sudden cancer diagnosis.  I don't even know how to move through each day at this point.  Your story is heartbreaking but it melts my heart to read each story because we are all here to love our babies together.  Your sweet little protector has a special place in my heart today too. 

I too am so heartbroken....we need to lean on one another to get through this. Our sweet furbabies were everything to us...it means so much to have us all wrapping our arms around one another in this time of grief. 
Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
shannymom
StephV wrote:

God Bless you!
Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
shannymom
MyBella wrote:
Hi Theresa,

I am so, so sorry for the sudden loss of your absolutely beautiful Shannon, such a beautiful girl in the photo, absolutely gorgeous.
She did what she has always done her whole life, protected you to the end, such a brave girl and the love you have for each other will never end Theresa, Shanny will always be with you, never will she leave you to be alone, the bond you have with each other is far too strong to not continue even now, of this Shanny will make sure.

How do you move on without her you ask??? Baby steps Theresa, that is the best we can hope for during this time....but you aren't moving on without her, you are going forward with Shanny in your heart, you will honor her each and every time you think and talk about her and your Shanny will be so happy to hear you do so.

I am so, so sorry for your loss, please take your time, grieving has no time limit, so no need to push or rush yourself. Visit here often, we all understand the heartache and pain you are suffering, those first few days/weeks/months are so hard, the pain at times unbearable...baby steps Theresa.....one tiny step at a time is such a huge accomplishment....

Hold Shanny close to your heart and you will always feel her love and her presence, never doubt the power of our girls when it comes to their love...that powerful love never ends Theresa.
May the wonderful and loving moments you and Shanny shared over the years help bring the much needed peace and healing your heart and soul desires and deserves...baby steps Theresa...but we are with you every step of the way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera

Image result for winnie the pooh quotes

I so appreciate these words you share. It means so much to me. I am heartbroken and you are right....I need to take baby steps.....it's a process. i so miss my dear Shanny....

Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
shannymom
It's been only 3 days and I'm still so sad.....we all need to hold hands and help one another through this. Our babies were a huge part of our lives...how can we go on without them? We need to hold on to their love....and the support from one another. Let's pray together in silence....
Theresa Hanslik
Quote 0 0
ELIZAQBETH1
I FEEL YOUR PAIN SO MUCH.  I  LOST THE LOVE OF MY LIFE ..HIS NAME WAS CODY AND HE WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COCKAPOO, NOT ONLY IN LOOKS BUT IN LIFE..ITS 6  MONTHS AND FEELS LIKE YESTERDAY..MY ADVICE IS DAY BY DAY.  I STILL CRY AND I STILL PLAY IT OVER AND OVER WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE.  THE ANSWER IS I KNOW IN MY HEART I DID EVERYTHING. YOU WILL REALIZE THAT AS WELL..HOPE THIS HELPS..WE ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER...
BONNIE
Quote 0 0