PearlsMomma
On the 13th of this month my fuzzy girl passed away completely unexpectedly. She was 11 years old but extremely healthy. She apparently had a cyst on her spleen which burst causing her to bleed internally. It was very quick and thankfully painless for her but a complete and utter shock for me and my family. I miss her more than words can express. She was my girl. She and I had a special connection that can never be replaced. I feel so grief stricken that I don't know what to do with myself. I find her hair everywhere and it's both comforting and heartwrenching at the same time and in the same degrees. She was a gorgeous Border Collie/Australian Shepherd mix. I had gotten her as a puppy from a farm, she was covered in sticky burrs. I fell in love with her from the start. Her name was Pearl and she was perfection. I feel depressed at times. I feel heartbroken always. I feel as though a part of me has gone with her.
Quote 0 0
Bellamum
Pearl's Momma,
I am so very sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your precious Pearl.  She is such a beautiful girl.

I know the overwhelming heartbreak that you are feeling.  You have lost a member of your family and you will love her and miss her forever.

My only thoughts of consolation after I said goodbye to my gorgeous beagle, Bella, nearly 6 months ago were that I was so privileged to have been chosen to be her mummy.  I don't know what I ever did to deserve having her in my life, but I am so grateful that I did.  I know that you feel exactly the same way about your sweet girl, Pearl.  We were blessed beyond our wildest dreams and we will be thankful for that every day of our lives.  We grieve so hard because we love them so deeply.  This is the price that we pay and it is a price that I gladly pay for the love and joy Bellsy brought me.  Pearl did that for you too and you would not give up one second of the time that you had with her, even if you could take away this terrible pain.

I know that it does not feel like you can ever move forward now, but somehow we do.  We get up each day and take steps forward.  We will take some steps forward and then take giant leaps backwards again as the grief overwhelms us, but with time we develop ways to cope without them by our side.  Pearl and Bella are no longer by our side, but they will be forever in our hearts and I live with the belief that "we" are not over, just on hold until we can be reunited once again.

I wish you peace and healing.
Karen
(Bella, Charli and Buddy's very lucky mum)

My gorgeous girl, Bella  26/07/2004 - 03/04/2014
"You were once by our side, but you will be forever in our hearts. Until we meet again baby girl."
Quote 0 0
PearlsMomma
Bellamum,

Your words touched me so so much. Thank you for your advice and kindness, It helps tremendously. You are spot on with how you described the grieving process. Monday and Tuesday I had actually felt a bit better. I was able to do normal tasks without feeling overwhelmed with sadness and then yesterday and today I have been a crying mess. Also, I can see from your Avatar that Bella was a beautiful girl. She has a very sweet face. Again, thank you forbtaking the time to respond to my post. It helps tremendously knowing there are other people who have gone through or are going through the same thing.
Quote 0 0
PearlsMomma
Having such a hard day. Miss my sweet girl so terribly much! The house feels emptier without her. I absolutely hate this. She was so incredibly intelligent and loving. She and I shared a very special connection. 11 years is not long enough.
Quote 0 0