SJY_47
Hi. We had to have our gorgeous golden oldie 'Honey' put to sleep 10 days ago. She was a cocker spaniel, 14yrs and 7 months old. As a family, we are devastated, but I cant seem to stop getting upset, and thinking of her. I collected her ashes today, and I completely broke down in the vets, then again at home when my husband and daughter came home. I feel like I'm grieving a human family member..its so heartbreaking.! She had a stroke 3 months ago. Made a good recovery, but was still wobbly on her feet. She was eating & drinking, and wagging her bottom. 2 weeks ago today she was very unsteady. I took her to the vets and they thought she had had a little bleed on the brain. Then she perked up a bit on the Wednesday. Late on the Thursday, early hours Friday, she took a turn for the worse. Her eyes were 'blank' and she couldn't get up or hold her head up..she also went incontinent 😥 As a family, we sat with her all night and made the decision to let her go.! I rang the vets first thing. They came to the house an hour later and we said our goodbyes. Its breaking our hearts..! I just dont know what to do to move on..!! We know it was the right decision as she was so poorly, worse than 3 months ago..but I just want her back, snuggled in her bed and bringing me a toy when I walk through the door Ã°Å¸â€™â€Ã°Å¸ÂÂ¾Ã°Å¸Å’ˆ IMG-20200308-WA0022.jpg
Quote 0 0
chilover
I am so so sorry to hear about your beloved Cocker Spaniel Honey. It is so very painful as we love them so deeply & they unfortunately don't get to live as long as us humans. You made the right decision & she knew her loving family were around her keeping her warm & comfortable. There is no right or wrong way to deal with grief & we all get through it in our own way, the best advice I think is to 'not ignore' it! Never to push it to one side. Everyone on this wonderful forum understands, there are so so many compassionate people who will support you. I lost my 15 yr old Chihuahua 'Daisy' 7 months ago & my heart is broken. I miss her so much and lived alone with her. What a beautiful picture of Honey that is, beautiful colour.

sending you comfort and peace.

Angelina.
Quote 1 0
SJY_47
Hi Angelina 
Thankyou so much for your kind words of support. Its truly heartbreaking losing our beloved pets.! I'm sorry to hear about your chihuahua 😞 My husband cut some of Honeys fur from her ear, and today I made a memorial keepsake, which we have put on the living room wall. I feel completely lost and physically hurting..💔 Thankyou again for the kind words. Xx
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I am very sorry.  Hugs hugs - I sure know how difficult this is.  The memorial keepsake sounds nice. 

Our boxer passed 5 months ago, I’m still hurting.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
So sorry to hear about your precious Honey. What a beautiful baby. My Cody passed a bit over 2 months ago from a brain tumor. He passed 2 months after his diagnosis. We thought he would have more time because he seemed to be doing so well but it was not to be. I still miss him so much and I know my life will never be the same.
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0