animal_qwackers

For anyone who is feeling as if friends, family, colleagues etc don't understand their heartbreak over losing a beautiful fur baby (I was reminded of it again today), I penned this little poem. Best wishes and comfort to you all.

HEART OF STONE

When those who sneer at your grief from losing a dear friend,
Don't think unkindly of them, instead, pray hope they mend.
For they will never know such love, will never know that bond,
That covers a distance infinite, to the stars, moon, and beyond.
'Tis pity we should feel for them, as they mock, yawn, and groan,
How sad they have been burdened with a cold heart of stone.

Don't let their mindless comments, exacerbate your plight,
Hold fast to your sweet memories, hang on with all your might.
For those who wish to scoff and jeer and tell you to move on,
Don't understand the anguish when your dearest friend has gone.
Take comfort in the knowledge that you are not alone,
And let them bear the emptiness of a bitter heart of stone.

They'll never know the lessons taught, such blessed love so true,
Can't understand that connection between your friend and you.
For you have all those precious times no one can steal away,
They'll stay deep in your heart and soul until your dying day.
Give thanks for wondrous babies, each one that's been called home,
For you and they will never have a lonely heart of stone. 

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Thank you Wendy so much for sharing your wonderful poem
it is so true we have been blessed by sharing our lives with these wondrous creatures, sometimes it's hard to put into words how truly incredible and special they are, you have a great talent for it

Take Care,
Diana

P.S
I love the quote by Anatole France too thanks for mentioning in your prior post

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you, Diana. Your words are much appreciated. I often feel the need to pen poetry or simply write down my thoughts when the urge arises. At times the silence is deafening since I lost my two wonderful boys last year. Despite the weeks marching on relentlessly, the gnawing devastation still eats away. I still cry buckets for them both. I have other cats, but Gonzo and Solly were truly my feline and canine soul mates. 

Yes, the quote by Anatole France is special. I agree that sometimes it is hard to put into words just what our fur babies mean to us. I guess that is the essence of the deep bond that exists.

Thank you once again. We have indeed been blessed.

Wendy

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
tramseyer
Amen.  My folks loved Heidi, but they don't understand.  They are Grandma and Grandpa, I am Mommy. 

I'm the one who fixed her meals. I'm the one who gave her a butt bath almost every morning.  I'm the one who put her to bed at night, and snuggled with her the most during the day.  She shared my bed when she was able, and every night she was in my room.  They might keep her for a few minutes, but soon they would want me to come get her. And now I'm supposed to not talk about her, etc., because "other people are hurting too".  It feels like they want the attention for missing her, but all on themselves. That's why I'm so glad this place is here. 

They have hearts of stone, at least partially. 

Theresa 
Heidi's Mommy - and Mommy to Maggie, Picker, and Cookie. 
Love you - and see you when I get home! 
xxxx oooo
Quote 0 0
shantismom
So very true, only those who have loved and been loved by a wonderful animal can understand.
I recently was talking to one of my closest friends and mentioned how much I miss Shanti.  She said "But you were so stressed out with his insulin and all that"  I said "yes, I was but I still loved him so much and never for one moment did I want him to die."
I wanted him to live with me forever, daibetes and whatever came our way.  People just do not understand.
Thank you for the poem which expresses what we encounter, the pain is worth the love, forever I will love my Shanti.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
Wendy you have such a wonderful way with words.  I read your poem over and over and tears streamed down my eyes.  It is true that we should pity those that don't understand that love because they have never had it.  Although we grieve and feel such great loss, we are forever grateful for the time we had with our furangels and the unconditional love they give us, even when they are gone.  I hope you get all your poems together and publish a book!  I would love to see that, as you inspire us all.  Thanks again for your wonderful words of wisdom.   Dali's mom

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Tammara
Wendy,
All I can say is thank you. I am actually speechless. I've been confronted with the misunderstanding and misguided. It's to the extent that my preference is simply to shut down...However, I can't afford too. Today was the day I had planned for my boy King memorial and those plans feel through. Therefore, I had to postpone his memorial.
Quote 0 0
Mackeigana
Thank you so much for sharing your poem, Wendy. Truly amazing and incredibly accurate. Today was a particularly hard day for me as my grieving for Ozzy intensified during a dinner where friends spoke of their pets. I just broke down and couldn't bare to listen. I feel selfish but I just couldn't handle it. Ozzy, our shihtzu, has been gone since January 30th but it feels like it was just yesterday. Can't believe my little man is gone. He had diabetes, Cushings disease, and newly pancreatitis working against him during his last two days, but he was only 5. He should have lived forever as im sure many of us felt would be the case.

Sorry for everyone's loss, I hope our babies are playing together and looking down on us.

Amber
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thank you to everyone for your amazing feedback on my post. I feel privileged to hear that you love my poem, especially as we can all relate to the topic in hand. I am grateful to you all. I will keep on writing. I may just collate the poems and have them published in a book, Dali's mom. I am sure that many people will take comfort from my words.

I am sorry to hear that you had to cancel King's memorial, Tammara. I hope that you can reschedule it in the not too distant future and I am sure it will be fitting for your wonderful boy.

Mackiegana, I don't think you are selfish at all. When my friends speak of their dogs, I feel the same way as you did. I want my boy back, not just my Solly, but my wonderful Gonzo too. I know the feeling, it's a natural reaction, so don't feel so bad about it. You had an incredibly strong bond with your wonderful Ozzy and the pain is raw for you. He was such a young dog and I truly empathise with how you feel.

Blessings to you all and thanks once again. May the loves of your life shine bright through these dark days.

Wendy

Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Hello Wendy,
  That is truly a beautiful poem. It does bring comfort to the my soul when I am reminded with this poem, that just because others may be unable to recognize and appreciate how we feel about our very special furbabies, that they are truly the ones at a loss for their lacking good heart condition.
  Thank-you for that!! My thoughts are with you..................Many hugs from me and Coco to you and dear boy Solly, and Gonzo, and Daisy as well!..........Sincerely, Andrea
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Many thanks for your comments, Andrea. I am extremely grateful. I don't think anyone who has never shared that special bond can appreciate how one feels when losing a special furbaby. I suppose it is asking too much when they simply don't understand.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and the hugs from yourself and beautiful Coco to me and my wonderful brood. 

Wendy

Quote 0 0