Skeeter609
Hi, I'm new here. My first post. I had to have my precious cat, Skeeter, put to sleep yesterday. I don't know what to do without him. We had a special bond from the day he arrived. Skeeter chose my as his human and I was thrilled to fill the role. At 5 weeks he was just a tiny thing. He loved curling up on my shoulder to sleep. Over the years our bond got stronger. Through my health issues, my father's death, and every day of depression or stress he was there. Skeeter always let me hold him. I cried into his fur more times than I can count.

Now he's gone. I don't know how to cope. I need to hold someone close and cry. But he's not here. He was my emotional support. Now I'm alone. I don't know how to go on. I can feel depression setting in. I need my baby.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Mari Anne,
I am so sorry for your loss of Skeeter. Thank you for sharing the picture; he's very handsome! It took me a good 2-3 weeks before I was really eating and (somewhat) sleeping again. Please be gentle on yourself and take it easy. I will keep you in my thoughts.
Quote 0 0
Mo
Mari Anne...I'm so sorry for your loss. Skeeter is so beautiful. I know how deep the pain is. You've found a great place. I don't know what I would have done without the support here. Take care of yourself.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am truly sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty Skeeter. We are indeed privileged to be chosen as their moms and dads. The pain is like no other and the loneliness is terrifying. Everyone here understands all too well. May you find peace in knowing he is now your personal guardian angel. I know nothing I can say will make you feel better. God bless you and please take care of yourself.
Quote 0 0
Skeeter609
Thank you all so much for your caring and support. I am getting thru one day at a time.
Quote 0 0
Molly24
I am so sorry for your loss! I completely understand the pain. I lost my kitty about 3 weeks ago to cancer. She was my emotional support for 15 years. It is so hard to deal with the death of our babies when they are not there to help us through. I felt like I had lost a part of me and wasn’t sure how to survive. The first week and a half was the hardest. I am still very sad and miss her so much. Some days are better than others but it does get easier. I know right now it doesn’t feel like it but it does. I have been told we will always miss them but the sharp pain will eventually dull. I made the decision to put her to sleep and I couldn’t help but feel like I killed her. It was a terrible guilt. I am now at the point of acceptance. I am able to look back at how sick she was and know it was the best thing for her. I am also able to look back at beautiful photos and videos and smile. The best thing to do is continue to talk about him and don’t let anyone tell you to get over it. Everyone grieves at their own pace. If you feel like no one will listen, we are all here in this forum. We are all suffering from the loss of our beloved pets. This has been one of the biggest helps for me. Not only to talk about my baby but to help others as well. You will make it through. We have to. As painful as it is you will adjust to the change and maybe someday you will be ready to share your love again.
Quote 0 0