Jenz
I lost my sweet baby girl, Snickers, to a saddle embolism on Friday, December 18. Snickers was the sweetest little black and white kitty with a quiet disposition and a loving little heart. She had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure less than a year ago. On Friday morning, all of a sudden, she became paralyzed in her back legs. The embolism had cut off the blood supply to her legs and tail. We took her to our veterinarian but the prognosis was very poor. We had to choose to end her suffering. It was so unexpected, so distressing and so heartwrenching. I was not ready to say good bye. I cannot remember a time when I cried as hard as I did Friday morning. Our veterinarian and her staff were so kind and so caring. They know me and my furry children well there. Snickers passed away exactly one week before Christmas day. I was planning on spending the weekend baking cookies but instead I spent most of it on the couch, crying and feeling empty and ill. I know that it will get easier with time and my husband is so loving and supportive, helping me while he's grieving her loss himself. I comfort myself with the thought that Snickers is in Heaven with her sister, Clarice, playing and having fun together. The Bible says that a thousand years are as a day in Heaven so I hope that for them, the time that passes before I see them again is very short. Thank you for this website and thank you for this forum. For all of you who have lost a beloved pet during this holiday season, I wish you peace and to find comfort in the knowledge that we will see our babies again.
Jen
Quote 0 0
camunki
awwww Jen, I am so sorry for the loss of your baby girl Snickers, and heartwrenching that it came unexpectedly. I do not think any of us are prepared for the words "end of life"

My baby was taken on Dec 3rd so it is almost 3 weeks. I cry everyday, i miss her everyday, i kiss her ashes everyday, I even filled a
necklace with some urn ashes so she is close to my heart.

Thanks for your kind words and wishing you a comforting holiday season.............and yes, I cannot wait to see my babies again

Cam

Quote 0 0
Jessa
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost my bird Charlie on the 9th of December, he was very ill and we had to choose to end his suffering too. I want to believe we made the right choice but it doesn't make the guilt any less.
Quote 0 0
Tommyhunter123
I am sorry for your loss jen, I lost my luckydog beagle of 14 years tommorow 12 weeks ago at 5:55pm lets put our hearts together and pray for them.
Luckydogs Daddy
david gaspari
David R. Gaspari
Quote 0 0
rlynn91
I'm so sorry Jen for your loss . I lost my fiona this past satur she passed away from cancer she was 12
Rhonda robenolt

*Love you always fiona & Mrs kitty 
Quote 0 0