mandacharm
Yesterday I made the hardest decision of my life & said goodbye to baby Lucy. Even though I know deep down it was the right choice & it would have been selfish not to let her go it hurts so much more then I thought it would. She's been with me through so much in the last 12 years & it feels like I just lost my partner. Just when I feel like I can breath again I'm hit with another wave of pain. All I can do is keep reminding myself that she's in a better place & in time it'll hurt a little less. Right now though it feels like my heart has been ripped out & miss her sweet little face so much.
Amanda 
Quote 0 0
Colzap
I’m so sorry you lost your Lucy. I lost my dog of 11 years, Snowball, on Friday. It is heartbreaking. Pets are amazing and bring such joy to our lives. I think that’s what makes the pain so unbearable. You are not alone. I hope this forum provides you with strength and a shared understanding from others who truly feel your pain. With deepest condolences,
Colleen
Quote 1 0
debbiefours
I lost my Roo on Monday the 2nd.  I feel for you both.  I am sitting at my desk sobbing, and it is day 8.  The waves are much less frequent as those first few days.  Those first days, I could not breathe at times.  This is like nothing I have ever experienced.  I wish none of us had to go through this loss and pain,  but it helps to know I am not alone.  
Take care, 
Deb
Debbie
Quote 1 0
mandacharm
Debbie & Colleen I'm so sorry for both of your losses. It really helps to know I'm not going through this all alone & others understand what I'm feeling.

Take care,
Amanda 
Amanda 
Quote 0 0
LauriP92
I'm so sorry to all of you. It is the worst decision we have to make but yet the most selfless because you don't want your loves to suffer
Please know we are all here for you -and this forum is wonderful. Wishing you all less heartache today and more fond memories
Lauri
Lauri 
Quote 1 0
Rocsnme22
I completely understand the pain and emptiness you are feeling right now. I put my little one to rest last Friday and I still am in a daze and my heart feels like it is breaking. Each morning when you wake up and their not there you can't even believe it is true. I pray that you find comfort and strength during this hard time. Sending hugs and hoping you think of your fondest memories with your baby and smile between the tears. BIG HUGSSS!!!! It is honestly the hardest decision and so lonely when our babies aren't there. My heart is breaking with yours right. I truly hope it helps to know that we are all here for you and that we understand. Lucy is right there beside her momma always and forever!

Laura
Quote 1 0
mandacharm
Thank you Laura & Lauri the support truly helps. Laura I’m so sorry for you loss & I’m right there with you. It feels like trying to walk through quicksand & the worlds a little less bright. But I remind myself the pain will dull with time & am really trying to remember all the good times I had with my little girl.
Amanda 
Quote 0 0
pannklaus
I am so sorry for the loss of Lucy and the pain you are going through.  I totally understand what it is like to make that most difficult decision and then live with the aftermath.  You very unselfishly relieved Lucy's pain but replaced it with your own. That is the choice we make.  It is the right choice for our precious fur babies. But the emptiness and sadness is much worse than anyone imagines it will be.

It has been almost ten months since I made that decision for my Lenny cat.  My life does go on now but I still miss him a lot.  When I see his ashes next to the plant near a window, it brings back everything sometimes.  I watch a movie on TV in the evening and expect him to come and just in my lap.  I find another ball he had hidden so well and think about how much he loved to play. 
But the intense, overwhelming grief that I went through initially is gone.  I can get absorbed in something and not think about him at all.  So it does get "better" but it is a "new normal" for me.

I hope the support of people from this group will help you through the very difficult time you are having now.
Patsy
Quote 1 0
mandacharm
Patsy thank you for your kind words they give me hope that one day I will find my own new normal & that this intense pain will lessen.
Amanda 
Quote 0 0