MissLayla
Had to put my 7 1/2 year old boxer down today.  She had gotten worse and worse over the last week and we were taking 6 pills to try to make things better.  Really hard to make the decision to put her down.  Been thinking all day about the decision I made and if it was the right one.  Feel so bad for my wife as she is due with child in a few days.  Willing to try anything to get through this as she was our first pet together and our "baby".  Love her and miss her lots
Quote 0 0
AM9238
I am so sorry for your loss! It is never a good time to lose our pets but what a stressful week for you both. We are all here for the same reason, but I can assure you that you did the right thing for your girl. Unfortunately, our dogs can't communicate with us and tell us how they are feeling, but if she wasn't getting any better than you did the right thing. I put my dog down a week ago today, he had a brain tumor that was inoperable. We were able to keep him comfortable and on medication for 6 months, but as soon as he got bad we decided it was the best thing to do. The first few days are always the hardest in the sense that you are asking yourself so many questions and doubting if what you did was right, but rest assured that you did your best. I wish you and your wife the best of luck during this tough time!
Quote 0 0
Manjack
Miss Layla the previous poster and I had to make the same decision as you did just 8 days ago. I have already written that making this difficult decision was the last gift we could give our pets. Releasing her Was the right thing to do. The grief and mourning are difficult processes but I hope that the new life that comes into your lives very shortly will help to ease your pain. I don't mean to diminish the loss in any way in saying that. A piece of your heart will always hold your precious girl. we are all here for the same reason, you are not alone in your grief. You have busy days ahead. I wish you and your wife a safe delivery.
Quote 0 0
dlehner
I'm so sorry too MissLayla. It's been 10 days since my angle Caligirl went to heaven too. We all share your pain and understand how you feel. This forum is helping me get through the pain. I hope it helps you too.

Thoughts and prayers from Caligirl's mom.
Quote 0 0
Marla_suzanne71
I'm so sorry. I'm currently going through it myself. My tears seem endless. Thoughts are with you. Leroys mom
Leroys mom
Quote 0 0