Billys_Mom
We lost our sweet Bichon, Billy to old age on Wednesday.  He no longer had quality of life so the hardest decision I've ever had to make had to be made.  My heart is broken, shattered, even though I knew this was coming I thought I still had a few months at most left but that wasn't that case.  I expected to grieve for him but I never expected to feel this shattered, it is like I've been gut punched and my heart just aches.  I know without doubt we made the right, best decision for him but it hurts so much that he is gone and I will never see his sweet face again.
Quote 0 0
lettersatlarge

Billys_Mom wrote:
We lost our sweet Bichon, Billy to old age on Wednesday.  He no longer had quality of life so the hardest decision I've ever had to make had to be made.  My heart is broken, shattered, even though I knew this was coming I thought I still had a few months at most left but that wasn't that case.  I expected to grieve for him but I never expected to feel this shattered, it is like I've been gut punched and my heart just aches.  I know without doubt we made the right, best decision for him but it hurts so much that he is gone and I will never see his sweet face again.

My old man came to me at the beginning of his golden years, already 10 years old. I had a wonderful, if not occasionally turbulent because of his health and age, 5 years with him before he moved on. I had a sense at the beginning that the end would come sooner than I wanted, because he was already much older. I knew I couldn't be fully prepared for it, but I couldn't imagine how so completely unprepared I was for it when it happened.

I know what you're feeling, don't be hard on yourself.

Quote 0 0
KrystelPykie
Billys Mom,

I feel for you and understand what you are going through.  My deepest sympathy for you at this hard time.
I lost my beautiful angel of 11 yrs just over 2 months ago and i still cry for him every day.  I miss him so much that it still hurts like it was yesterday i had to make that decision and watch him pass.  I know it was the last act of love and kindness i could provide to him but it hurts so much that he is no longer here with me and sharing the days with me.  I feel like i have lost a huge piece of myself with the loss of my Pykie, though i also feel that he has left me with some of his never ending strength as i don't quite know how i am making it through the days.

It is such a hard road we must travel, but try to remember that you made this decision For Billy as he needed you to...you did it because you love him and would not want him to suffer. 
I have no answers for you regarding the hurt as i have not found any answers myself - but to take every day as it comes and do your best.
Do whatever feels right to you.  Some days i can manage more than other days...some days i cannot manage anything at all. 

Just know that you are not alone on this journey.

Pykie - My one and only you.
Forever and always yours.
05.02.06 - 05.04.17
Quote 0 0
Marianne75
Hey Billy's Mom,

I know how you feel. Last Wednesday night, I lost by sweet baby girl Daisy. She was suffering from a heart disease and had cancer. She had a heart attack in my arms. I carried her to ER, they did CPR and got her to breathe by the machine, then she died. I had to go in and say my final goodbyes. Today, I feel so sad and hollow, I miss her so much. But at the same time, I am happy she is in Doggy Heaven, where she is playing and is pain free. She is running with Billy now together.
If you want too, please tel me about precious Billy, it will help with the grieving process, I'm here for you, shall you need to talk to someone, as I know exactly the pain and the loss you are right feeling now. Sending you my virtual hugs your way xxxx, love Daisy's Mum Marianne
Quote 0 0