LisaR
How many have had a pet healthy one day then the next day deteriating so fast? Getting given choices to help them, but you decide to end it before it gets bad for them there and then.
Some might know my girl started wobbly then became paralyzed to no deep pain in her toes all in one day so suddenly out of nowhere, and I hate myself so much for putting her to sleep, it feels like I just gave up on her, it was just upsetting seeing her like that her mind wanted to play but her body couldn't do it.
All my family said it was for the best, but now I'm second guessing as I keep hearing about people whos dogs got back on there feet after few months, it was either surgery or take her home with meds and 30% chance I know I've repeated myself in maybe other posts but it's really been hard for me to accept this 🙁
We have a 3 year old and I'm pregnant so would of struggled if needed after care
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Lisa aftercare and much physical therapy would have been needed. The results still may have been poor and you wouldn’t have know for up to two months if a full or partial recovery was possible. Kenneled or crated for awhile, your 3 year old would have had to either not be around her or watched closely. Unless you were able to rehome her after the surgery for her recovery I’m not sure how you would’ve managed, hugs,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Integgurl888
This just happened to me. My pup was happy and healthy one minute, and the next he was unable to move, refusing food and water, soiling himself. I took him to the hospital where they said he had a stroke, he was hospitalized for two days and he continued to decline. He was diagnosed with a neurological disorder, renal failure, and a mass on his liver. Putting him to sleep was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I can’t stop crying, I feel like part of me is missing. I can’t even keep myself together for the kids, but I know it was best for my baby.

I’m sorry for your loss, this just sucks.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
So sorry for your losses. When our babies die they take a piece of us with them and leave a huge hole in our hearts. Sending peace and hugs to you all.
Quote 0 0