Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #16 
Angelina:

Yes, the ride up to Abbey Glen is good for the Soul. Although I don't like the circumstances it's done under. I'll be going back on Christmas Eve during the day to make sure everything is in place. I actually have some prior history with the area. I used to take my other Border Collie (Puma) to the nearby Delaware Water Gap to go swimming. Puma was like a fish. She couldn't get enough swimming. She'd go for hours doing her doggie paddle. It was so much fun. Puma is also with Shelby at Abbey Glen. My girls are together - forever.
Did Daisy like to swim? Some dogs like it while others are terrified of the water. 
Once again I'm sorry that you had to endure the callous insensitivity of the TV Station. I hope you are able to get some resolution. You are a good person and deserve much better. Please keep us posted.

Warmest regards,

Jim

Reply with quote  #17 
Angelina:

I haven't heard from you recently. I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas.  I hope that you are able to relax a little over the Holidays. I know this XMAS is going to be particularly hard on those of us who recently lost our beloved pets. May your memories of Daisy be pleasant ones. Take care.

Sending warmest regards and hugs your way.

Jim

Reply with quote  #18 
Hi Jim.

Merry xmas to you too, I took that much dreaded trip (without my Daisy) to my mum's for xmas! It was a 3 hour and 40minute train ride from where I live & I knew that the journey would be difficult to say the least. I will be writing about it all very soon. I have just been too upset to write lately. I recently did something in honour of Daisy, something which I had always planned to do & I got a very small initial D tattooed on the back of my neck.

I hope that you had a nice xmas Jim under the circumstances. Our pets are such a huge miss, I know...

Warm wishes and hugs sent your way.

Angelina
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #19 
Angelina:

Glad that you're okay. That was a wonderful tribute to Daisy when you got the D tattooed on the back of your neck.  Daisy will always be with you. It's a forever symbol of your love for her. Let us know about your trip to visit your Mom when you are able to.

Sending warmest regards and peaceful thoughts your way,

Jim

Reply with quote  #20 
chilover (Angelina), please don't lose hope in things generally because of that TV appearance that didn't happen.
Yes it would have been very nice and an uplifting and honouring thing to do. But these things can and do happen with media, and it is not necessarily a "sign" from our loved ones, or a sign for us.

A very similar thing happened to me a few years ago. I had just published a book about Misty and her afterlife contacts -as well as the story of her rescue. The book had been out only a couple of weeks, and in the new year I got an urgent contact from a presenter on a radio station in Portland Oregon.
He asked if I would do an interview for them. Well, of course I said yes. We had a back-and-forth over a few messages, and we both felt the subject of the afterlife for animals, and our animal companions was very under-represented.
So I was quite eager to do that.

Then all of a sudden, I didn't hear another thing!

After a few weeks, I renewed the contact, yet heard nothing back.

I let go of it however, and more or less easily. I imagined they may have changed their minds, or the schedule didn't work; or possibly because we would have had to set up a skype connection (as I am in UK and couldn't fly to Portland as I was caretaking someone's cat at the time.)

We have no idea what it's like to run a radio show. There may be issues they have to consider, which we don't understand as we are not in that media business.

I also felt "maybe it wasn't meant to be" for some reason outside of my normal comprehension. There could have been a spiritual reason. Maybe my dog knew what it was !! lol

So try not to be upset about what happened if you can. I can't help thinking your Daisy has something else lined up for you. 

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
chilover

Reply with quote  #21 
Jim and Mistysmama

I just wanted to let you both know that to my surprise 'I got that footage!'

However it didn't include the commentary from Daisy's vet or the pictures and videos that I had shared with them to be included in the footage.  I travelled up to the TV studios with my laptop to share them just after my interview, so, so many beautiful pictures and videos and they hadn't included them. I have emailed the person in question to thank them and I asked them where the polished piece was that I was promised! 

Thankyou Jim and Mistysmama for your kind support, I know you both understand how very sensitive and fragile everything is that involves our beloved pets...
I know nothing will ever bring my beautiful little Daisy back including the footage, but so many thing's are a comfort to us as you both know.  

Mistysmama.  I was sorry to hear about your interview- your blog about your beloved Misty is a beautiful tribute.  Is your book available to buy in bookshops?  

Today I visited the beautiful church that I quite often go to, somehow it brings me some comfort if only for a short time as I sit and think. Every other day now people are asking me if I am going to get another dog, (people and dog owners who knew me) - this hurts!! 

Thinking of you both and sending peace on your journey.

Hugs Angelina

BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #22 
Angelina:

I was very happy to hear that you did receive that footage from the station. It's some consolation for you - and deservedly so. You hung in there and didn't give up and things did get better. Just goes to show that your hard work in preparing for that interview did not go in vain. Yes, I know what you mean about people asking constantly about getting another dog. You are still in grieving mode about your beloved Daisy and there's nothing wrong with that. I, too, am still mourning the loss of my little girl (it's 4 months now) and have no immediate plans to let another dog into my heart now. My Shelby was just so precious to me  and out of sheer respect, I choose to go it alone for now. 

Fondly,

Jim

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.