Forum

Author   Comment  
Nettie1221

Reply with quote  #1 
4 weeks ago my cat was taken to the hospital with acute vomiting. He had an intususeption which is a piece of intestines that has telescoped inside itself. They corrected it but in the process found a heart murmur. After seeing the cardiologist they informed my cat has early symptoms of Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy or HCM. the prognosis with drugs is several months to several years the hardest part is that he is active happy and doesn't seem to know that he is sick. It's really hard. My dog also has a mast cell tumor that is being removed and we will find out more about that soon. I am just having a hard time all around.

Jeanette
CK1991

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Jeannette, You have so much to deal with right now with this awful news about both your cat and dog. I honestly don't know what to say except to enjoy life with both of them as much as possible. It's so hard when our pets are sick and to have 2 pets that you are so worried about must be heartbreaking. Try and hang in. Maybe your dog's tumour can be cured. The prognosis for your cat is not good for the long term unfortunately but you still have time so if you can spend lots of time playing with your kitty you will have lovely memories to help you later and your cat will have a happy life which he/she deserves. Please write an update on how your dog is doing after the tumour is removed. Sending out positive thoughts and hugs to you!
CK
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.