macman Show full post »
KingsFam
Dear Mac,

I am so sorry for your loss. My husband and I truly understand your pain. When we lost our Meiko 26 days ago. It was the saddest day in my life. It feels as if I have lost my soul mate/best friend till this day. Words can never replace the feelings you have, but here among furbaby parents like us. You can find hope and solace for your loss. 

Maria/Nick
We're sorry for everyone's loss, we miss our boy Meiko Oct 2016, Dinky 2013, Mercedes 2009 and as well and send love and grace to Snuggles Oct 2010 too, Rip.
Quote 0 0
ddp
Grieving with you.  I feel your pain.  My Max has been gone for 2 months now.  I was sitting here working on my lap top and found myself looking at my feet for Max.  I didn't cry, I just spoke out loud, " is this real? Big boy, I really miss you."  Last night, I stared at the foot of the bed and just said "wow" and shook my head.  All of my life's routines for the past 10 years were with Max and now he is gone and I have to figure it all out, create new routines.   I live in a fairly big house alone.  I never worried about safety when Max was here.  He was my personal alarm and protection. Then all of a sudden with Max's absence I felt overwhelmingly vulnerable...... this just added to my misery

I am in a better place now.  The grief is no longer paralyzing. I can eat I can sleep................and the brain fog/haze that really impacted my ability to function at all is finally gone.

PS:  I refused to change to duvet comforter on my bed for 4 weeks.  Max didn't have "a smell"..... but the foot of the bed had Max fur all over it and I needed to keep him there.  Sounds pretty gross and irrational...............but I did it

DDP
Quote 0 0
AbbeyRoad52
ddp wrote:
Grieving with you.  I feel your pain.  My Max has been gone for 2 months now.  I was sitting here working on my lap top and found myself looking at my feet for Max.  I didn't cry, I just spoke out loud, " is this real? Big boy, I really miss you."  Last night, I stared at the foot of the bed and just said "wow" and shook my head.  All of my life's routines for the past 10 years were with Max and now he is gone and I have to figure it all out, create new routines.   I live in a fairly big house alone.  I never worried about safety when Max was here.  He was my personal alarm and protection. Then all of a sudden with Max's absence I felt overwhelmingly vulnerable...... this just added to my misery

I am in a better place now.  The grief is no longer paralyzing. I can eat I can sleep................and the brain fog/haze that really impacted my ability to function at all is finally gone.

PS:  I refused to change to duvet comforter on my bed for 4 weeks.  Max didn't have "a smell"..... but the foot of the bed had Max fur all over it and I needed to keep him there.  Sounds pretty gross and irrational...............but I did it

That is so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss and I completely understand and relate. I'm feeling the same way about my cat Dusty. I lost her two weeks ago to cancer, it got so bad I had to put her down. I HATE when people give me that "just a cat" crap. She was my best friend. Like you and your Max I shared many of my toughest, most stressful and challenging times with her but she was always there for me. If I was depressed she helped so much! Bad day at work? She melted it away. I'm having a very hard time with this, and I find my self looking for her, thinking about her, I catch myself looking out for her by my feet. So many things. Right now I'm laying in bed and I'm crying for her so I came here. I just keep thinking she should be here laying next to me.
Quote 0 0
AbbeyRoad52
Mac,

I'm so so sorry, I feel what you are going through I too lost my cat two weeks ago and had to have her put down due to cancer. It's hard to let go of our friends at any stage of life but it's even harder when they've been such a big part of your life for many years. My kitty was 16 and she and I pretty much grew up together. I'm now 32 and I took her home with me as a sophomore in high school. I know the pain your feeling now, believe me I'm feeling it and though I know I can't change what's happened I just want you to know we are all here supporting one another because we lost a family member and it's extremely difficult to endure. You are not alone, and you can always come here. this place has helped quite a bit over the past two weeks. I'm going through a sad spell right now so I came here. I miss my Dusty girl.
Quote 0 0
Hollya

My daughter had autism as well and we had to put our sweet Happy (14 years old miniature schnauzer) to sleep yesterday. Both she and I are inconsolable right now. I'm looking for a support group locally. My husband seems unfazed though he deals with grief differently than us. My daughter called Happy her sister since she didn't have any siblings. Working through this grief is going to be tough for sure.
Quote 0 0
snakenole
macman, I feel like I could have written your post. So many similarities. I just lost my 12 year chocolate lab, Leo, last Friday. And I am experiencing many of the same things you are. Like you, I was his caregiver. He was on Prednisone for a brain tumor and he had to go out to pee several times a night. He also could not sit still and need to eat and drink a lot. So there was always something he needed from me. He relied on me for everything and then he also just wanted to be with me. That has left such a big void. My other dog is more independent and comes on her own terms. I love her too but I really miss Leo's clinginess. He was also a somewhat loud dog--walked loud, panted, drank loud, etc. He was just a big presence. So it's very quiet and lifeless without him. I have all those reflex moments you mentioned. I keep feeling like I need to give him pills or take him out. Me and Marley are trying to get used to a new routine, a new normal. But wow, it's tough.

I'm sorry you can't talk to anyone about it. I am lucky to have friends, family and coworkers who all understand and would never question my grief. I'm sorry not everyone has that outlet. I don't know what I'd do without them. 

Take care,
Mike 
Quote 0 0
Dasiiy
I sorry for your lost
v.Shaw
Quote 0 0
Elliebellesmom
Dear Macman,

I offer you my sincere condolences.  He was not "just a dog" at all.  He was a special part of your life, a living creature who loved you.  And you are showing him the respect and love he deserves.  Be brave and pet him and hold him, go in the room with him so he won't be all alone.  Let him know you are there for him until the end, like I'm sure you promised him.  It is sometimes very difficult to do the right thing, and this has got to be one of the most difficult of all, saying goodbye to your best friend.  My heart goes out to both of you.

Elaine
Ellie-belle's Mom
Quote 0 0
Kaddagh
So sorry for your loss 😞

I Haven't Left At All

I saw you gently weeping as you looked through photographs
You paused for just a moment at one that made you laugh;
But as you turned more pages the tears began to flow
You whispered that you missed me but I want you to know;
I softly licked those stinging tears that down your cheeks did fall
I want to help you understand I haven’t left at all.

On those days that you are overcome with sorrow, pain and grief
I rest my head upon your leg to offer some relief.
When you take our walking path I’ve seen you turn around
Because I know you surely heard my paws upon the ground.

At night while you are sleeping I snuggle at your side
You stroke my fur as you touch that place where I used to lie.
You said it’s just your heart playing tricks upon your mind
But rest assured I’m really there, my spirit’s left behind.

I know your heart is hurting; it’s like an open sore
You think my life has ended and you won’t see me anymore.
But for those of us bound tight by love, death is not the curtain call;
It’s really the eternal beginning that waits for us all
So, dear Master as you live your life I patiently await
For us to be together when you pass through The Rainbow Bridge Gate x

In Loving Memory Of
Mac

"So Much More Than Just A Dog 🐕💕"
Quote 0 0