skmk
I brought my cat to the vet today so they could get a urine sample. I told the vet how her stools are still like pudding. He asked if I was giving her the probiotic. I said no. She had probiotics in the past and they didn't work. So he said she must have an allergy to her food and to try giving her canned rabbit meat. So I've been doing that for a couple weeks now and her stools haven't changed. So I told him that today. He said well are you giving her the probiotics and I said no. He said in an annoyed voice that I have to give the probiotics also.
Well he didn't make that clear when he mentioned the food allergy. It sounded like a food allergy problem and not a probiotic problem. So me in my weakend state from loosing Dickens I didn't argue with him. But he made me feel stupid and upset.
I didn't realize she would need the probiotic too.
I know I'm probably being overly sensitive but it hurt.
Do any of you find that in the course of your day you come up against someone rude or nasty or not nice it hits you harder than it would if you were not grieving? I feel so bad that he thinks I wasn't taking care of my cat properly.
Do I sound like a nut? I'm sorry this is so long . I hope you can understand what I'm talking about.
I'm not too sure of myself these days. I want to say something to the vet about this in a nice way.
He allows people to text him so I might do it that way. Thanks for listening.
Skmk
Quote 0 0
Millie18
Hi Skmk,

Nope, you're not a nut at all. Everything becomes heightened emotionally. He wasn't clear and it made you feel bad because HE didn't do a good job of explaining to you that this was important.

I know exactly how you feel. I  have been making mistakes at this new job, but have also been working for someone who leaves me NO explanations or instructions, then of course I will be making mistakes, which in turn makes me feel bad and frustrated. If I were in a strong position emotionally I would have shrugged it off as not being about me, but about their horrible communication. We're more sensitive to EVERYTHING during this process and can be especially hard on ourselves. Have had a migraine for 2 days because I'm trying too hard to make things work.

Maybe try a different brand of probiotic and gradually introduce it? I made the mistake with Millie and for myself when I started the maintenance dosage rather than introduce it gradually. Hopefully you'll be able to get it right soon and your kitty will be feeling better 💗
Diana

Mom to Millie, Roman, Snoopy & step sister to O'Boy
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I sincerely hope your kitty gets better quick. I know how much you worry about her after what you went through with Dickens. If you feel comfortable sending a text do so explaining that you are still very emotional due to losing Dickens and to please have a little more patience with you. But also you should make it clear that the communication has to improve so you don't get anything wrong.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Susan,

Definitely yes! I find I have less patience since losing Rookie. Lack of (decent) sleep and the loss of familiarness can do that I think.

Do you normally like your vet? Maybe it's time to look for a new one. Rookie had a different vet that last 6 months of his life, and I didn't even know what I'd been missing out on!

Thinking of you❤❤

Quote 0 0
exburt
I know exactly what I'd say to a condescending vet who belittles me when I'm at my most vulnerable:

"Can you please give me a records release to sign?  Here's the name and address of my new vet. Be so kind as to forward a copy of my cat's records there today."

You can, of course, say it in a nice way. I could only hope to be so charitable. 

Best of luck,
Burt
B Weinstein
Quote 0 0
rascal
Millie18 wrote:
Hi Skmk,

Nope, you're not a nut at all. Everything becomes heightened emotionally. He wasn't clear and it made you feel bad because HE didn't do a good job of explaining to you that this was important.

I know exactly how you feel. I  have been making mistakes at this new job, but have also been working for someone who leaves me NO explanations or instructions, then of course I will be making mistakes, which in turn makes me feel bad and frustrated. If I were in a strong position emotionally I would have shrugged it off as not being about me, but about their horrible communication. We're more sensitive to EVERYTHING during this process and can be especially hard on ourselves. Have had a migraine for 2 days because I'm trying too hard to make things work.

Maybe try a different brand of probiotic and gradually introduce it? I made the mistake with Millie and for myself when I started the maintenance dosage rather than introduce it gradually. Hopefully you'll be able to get it right soon and your kitty will be feeling better 💗
michelle hansen
Quote 0 0
rascal
i lost my kitty skittles a week ago, im so devastated and frustrated, she had been sick in feb, i nursed her got her well and then a week ago she started to go down hill , she was 14,,,,she refused her meds and food, she outside laying in the grass , i could tell she wasnt quite herself but left her alone, never saw her again, we think she went off to die, that just kills me,,,,and like you said i find myself so extra sensitive to noise, conflict, almost everything bothers me, im distancing myself from my boyfriend, hes not understanding my grieving so badly, i dont have kids so my 2 kittys are my life, i still have my 13 yr old rascal, hes a love bug, i love on him every second, seems to be the only thing that makes me feel better,,,here at home i find we dont even hardly talk , i feel like im in my own little world,,,,,,at work i too find myself making dumb mistakes, cant concentrate or even get interested in anything,,,,,i have never had a cat just take off and never see her again, wishing i would have stayed there with her maybe she wouldnt have gone away, just so sad and depressed
s
michelle hansen
Quote 0 0
skmk
skmk wrote:
I brought my cat to the vet today so they could get a urine sample. I told the vet how her stools are still like pudding. He asked if I was giving her the probiotic. I said no. She had probiotics in the past and they didn't work. So he said she must have an allergy to her food and to try giving her canned rabbit meat. So I've been doing that for a couple weeks now and her stools haven't changed. So I told him that today. He said well are you giving her the probiotics and I said no. He said in an annoyed voice that I have to give the probiotics also.
Well he didn't make that clear when he mentioned the food allergy. It sounded like a food allergy problem and not a probiotic problem. So me in my weakend state from loosing Dickens I didn't argue with him. But he made me feel stupid and upset.
I didn't realize she would need the probiotic too.
I know I'm probably being overly sensitive but it hurt.
Do any of you find that in the course of your day you come up against someone rude or nasty or not nice it hits you harder than it would if you were not grieving? I feel so bad that he thinks I wasn't taking care of my cat properly.
Do I sound like a nut? I'm sorry this is so long . I hope you can understand what I'm talking about.
I'm not too sure of myself these days. I want to say something to the vet about this in a nice way.
He allows people to text him so I might do it that way. Thanks for listening.
Skmk

Hi Millie18,. Thank you for your support with my
run in with the vet yesterday. I think you're right that grieving makes you more vulnerable to people who are difficult. You must be under a lot of pressure from your job and a boss who gives you no instructions. I give you a lot of credit for being
in that job now. I wouldn't last two minutes there.
You're doing the best job that you can. I hope your migraines are gone. I used to get them too.

Hi Marlen,. Thank you too for your support with my
grumpy vet. It just hit me so hard and I was a mess for the rest of the day. I will say something to him about his communication skills. But I don't think I'm going to share anything more with him about Dickens. He has moved on of course ..... I can tell. Hope your day is going alright.

Hi Rookiesmama,. Thank you, I know you're right.
Our emotions are right on the surface. I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's so hard. Yesterday I felt like crawling under a rock. You asked do I normally like my vet. I would have to say yes and no. I think he is skillful. He recently removed a cancerous tumor
from my cats bladder when another vet said it couldn't be done. He's expensive but will work with you. But I'm not sure he's very thorough. When I brought Dickens in for his neck inflammation he just whisked him off to have an x-ray. He didn't examine him in any other way. I'm not used to that. My previous vet used to do an examination no matter what you were there for. Unfortunately my previous vet passed away. It's so hard to find a good one. And I don't think this vet or his staff is good with communication. They assume you know what to do.
Thank you Rookiesmama, I hope you're doing ok

Hi Burt,. Well I would sure like to have you with me
when I tell him that. After awhile I got to thinking that maybe he was having a bad day. But I think i must tell him that he was not clear with his instructions. Thank you so much for your support!

Many thanks to all of you and take care of yourselves,

Susan

Quote 0 0