DanHenao Show full post »
Dalidog
It is a great tribute to your furangel to be able to help other animals.  I am not able to have another furbaby, don't think my heart could handle it.  But in the last 19 months I have helped at the shelters whenever possible.  Mostly I bring baskets of needed supplies with a note that they are from my Dali.  Also, make donations as I can.  Take food to the dog/cat shelters whenever possible, as I know they are always needed.  I feed my Wally (stray dog that will NOT let me catch him) every morning.  Giving back to the animals after a furbaby has given you so much is an honor and we get more out of it than those animals we are helping.  Just like I think our furbabies took care of us, all the time letting us think they were helping them.  Grieve in the way you need to, and helping other animals is a heartfelt tribute....

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
DanHenao
Thank you all for your responses. I am in the process of signing up for volunteer work now. I will do anything to help out these animals.
Danny

My friend, my brother, Rupert, pre 2001-January 25, 2016 
I love you and I miss you. 

Quote 0 0
dkinney
I haven't volunteered yet Dan. I'm having some personal physical issues at this time. It sounds like a great thing to do though. I'm sorry for the loss of your pet. I lost my sweet Corgi, Jenny, back in January. She was my best friend. I feel that she is still with me though. God bless you. Know that you are not alone in your grief.
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
I am going to orientation today.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0