snakenole Show full post »
AllieGM
Lucylulu, how do you ask for and get signs?  A few things have happened here; with the type of thing and the timing it feels a bit like a message, but there's always just a little bit of logic in the situation too, that could explain it: "Well, that could have happened because..."
I'm quite sure that a psychiatrist who saw me sitting on the floor crying, talking to the air, laughing a bit because I think "something happened"... would send me to the psych ward.  With the overwhelming grief and guilt, I'm not doing very well in general, and do wonder if I'm going to have to get professional help.  But how do you get past "Am I losing my mind?" and begin to believe that you really got a sign?
What's an "em" ?
Quote 0 0
LucysMum13
AllieGM, I am so sorry for your hurt and pain xx

I think "em" means email when I read the posting thru.

I don't know what signs people get, but I am now 10 days since saying goodbye to my baby girl, and have asked her out loud for a sign that she is OK, happy and healthy again and that she knows that I did what I thought was in her own very best interests, and that she knows how much I love and miss her.........

on Thursday night (which coincided with my first night back at work) I got her clear scent twice.......for about 45 seconds each time, but on different occasions and with nothing else of hers around.  I am convinced it was her saying I am ok Mum, go to work and don't worry about me (like that was ever going to happen......I cried all the way there, existed for 12hrs then cried all the way home and beyond).

Later, lying in bed exhausted from crying and talking to her I looked up at the ceiling that I have looked at for 17 years.........and saw the faint outline of 3 dogs.  The middle one was Lucy with her very vibrant eyes.  I took a photo of it on my phone from where I was lying, and showed it to my colleagues that night - and they could see what I could see.  I wait for any other sign.......but I am yet to get Lucy home with me and I think that may block it.......also somebody told me on this forum that grief can be an obstacle to signs getting through......so I am hoping when she is home with me Monday, I will feel more relaxed and that she will give me a sign that she is happy to be home.

It is so hard - is it the grief talking, are we imagining things?  I think it comes down to how receptive we are and that things truly happen when you least expect them.  

thinking of you xx
If love alone could have saved you, you would have lived forever.  Love and miss you my darling darling girl.  RIP  13/01/2017
Quote 0 0
snakenole
Hi everyone. It's been interesting reading through all your replies. I'm still considering going to/speaking to a pet psychic. I would go in fully aware of the fact that it may amount to nothing. I had two psychic readings when my partner was killed in a rafting accident and wasn't blown away by either. But for some reason, I'd still like to give it a try this time. I would not pay what Atwater is asking though--not because she's not worth, she may be--but because I think there are smaller, less well-known psychics that can do just as good a job. But who really knows? 

And those of you that have had signs are lucky. I feel like I have not had any signs. Maybe I need to be more receptive?

Mike 
Quote 0 0
Molly_Beagle_Mom_4ever
Hi Mike, it's been almost twelve weeks since I lost my soul mate Molly girl, and I still have not had a dream of her. I did see a couple of rainbows shortly after losing her, but I still don't know what's a sign and what's not. I am still very sad and full of grief missing her so much, so I'm not sure if I'm blocking anything coming to me. I got a couple of pet psychic books because I was desperate to know that our pets are really ok and are now happy and healthy. I can't stand the thought of her longing for me or being unhappy and lonely like I am.

If it makes you feel better to talk to a psychic, then I think you should do it. There are all different faiths and beliefs, and we need to find what works for us to know our special little babies are ok and are with us. What I really want is to have my girl back, but if I could carry her soul and spirit with me or communicate with her I would try whatever it takes to get there. Take care.

Molly's Mom (Dawn)
Love you infinitely our little Molly. Forever and ever XOXO
Quote 0 0
AllieGM
Quote:
I think there are smaller, less well-known psychics that can do just as good a job. But who really knows?

Yeah, that's the thing.... there are many of them but how do you find one who's not a fraud?  I haven't seen any objective recommendations.  "Testimonials" on the psychics' websites aren't exactly independent reviews.
And knowing whether you got a "sign" or whether you're just wanting to believe a coincidence is a sign, is something I haven't figured out.
Maybe we 'pretend' it's a sign because this gives us comfort.  I wonder if I'm just so desperate to not let go that I'm trying too hard to believe in something that might not be true in the end :'(

Quote:
Maybe I need to be more receptive?

I wonder this too.  How does one do that?  It makes me think about how we played "pretend" as kids... remember how kids act out stories that are so real to them; we "believed" our adventures... then at some point we "grow up" and lose the ability to do that anymore.  Maybe this is how you do it.  But if there's a mental/emotional "switch" you can flick to open yourself to signs of your pet's presence, I haven't figured that out either.
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
JJ well said. Stay away from them.
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
It opens the door to demons, I was in the occult many years ago, it's dangerous, please leave it alone. Trust in God. Ask Him for help. Don't go to those people. They are evil. Watch on YouTube, a video by earthquake Kelley. He talks about mediums.
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=_n5qoyNR5LY

That's Kelley's testimony. Watch it please.
Quote 0 0
wjson
summerwind4 wrote:
I have been watching Brent Atwater's videos, and recently received one of her books.
She explains the prayers to say when you want your pet to visit.
It's pretty inspiring, and in no way has relieved me of any grief, but i have some hope to connect.
I have been answered once in my dreams of what i suspected to be the reason for my little girl's overall illness, and Zoey has come to me in my dreams once ever so briefly............may be inevitable dreaming, or really an effect of believing in Brent's words, but i'll take anything i can get......

The first video i watched was her talk to those of us that no longer want to live..........the first 2 months i prayed to God to take me...........I feel i should hang on now if that helps you.

wendy 
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU

Hi Mike~  I wish you well in whatever you decide to do. I think everyone has to find their own way through the maze of grief, upset, and pain.

Hi AllieGM~  To answer your question...for me 'signs' can be anything & everything that eases your pain. Songs on the radio. I spent a lot of extra time in the car because I didn't want to go home to a hollow house. Lucy & I took lots of long road trips. She was happiest with music playing. I'd bring my own CD's. The day she passed, I heard two of the old songs twice, on different radio stations. One called 'You're Gonna Hear From Me'. Had to pull the car over. May sound cracked but @ that moment, it sure felt like a sign.

Finding feathers...seeing dragonflies, butterflies or red cardinals...or hearing her name, randomly spoken by someone else when I was in a moment of deep despair...wind chimes sounding in her favorite yard spot despite zero wind...hearing her in the house, smelling her, finding her toy that I thought was lost forever. When these 'signs' happened, they calmed my heart.  If you believe-- it's good. If you don't believe-- it's good too. All I know is that signs helped me and still do. If they can help, I hope that you will get some :-)

Hugs to all, Kasey
(Sorry so long. Tried to edit/shorten.)

Quote 0 0
AllieGM
...sigh... and how to find one who is legit, and not into other weird and flaky stuff.  I was browsing a few different sites again, and they either charge a ridiculous amount or they're also peddling various "remedies" (bottled water imprinted with the consciousness of flowers?)...
I'd just like to know if there's someone who can really, legitimately, accurately, talk to my baby. :(
Quote 0 0
furevercasey
Hi, Mike. I don't know about pet psychics, but I did recently consult a psychic medium. Since I lost my girl four months ago, I have begged her, my dad, and God to send me any sign to let me know that her spirit lives on and is alright. I have not received one so far. I have dreamed of her a couple of times but I feel like that is pretty normal. I wish I was a more spiritual person. I wish I could believe that she is in heaven or at the rainbow bridge like everyone keeps telling me. I can't bear the idea that my baby is simply gone.

My medium did not mention any animal spirits. He talked about other loved ones who have passed. Some times his descriptions were so vague, he could have been describing anyone. Sometimes I felt like I was supplying the information. Sometimes, though, he was eerily accurate in describing someone. I came away feeling like it was like everything else in life - you believe what you want to believe.

I say it can't hurt. Why not? My advice is to do a little research, carefully reading their websites and reviews. I tried to stay away from those who also read tarot cards and palms, etc. My guy charged $65 for a 30 minute reading but it actually lasted an hour.

I wish you all the best. Please report back to us with your findings.
Quote 0 0
AllieGM
furevercasey wrote:
I did recently consult a psychic medium. Since I lost my girl four months ago, I have begged her, my dad, and God to send me any sign to let me know that her spirit lives on and is alright. I have not received one so far. I have dreamed of her a couple of times but I feel like that is pretty normal. I wish I was a more spiritual person. I wish I could believe that she is in heaven or at the rainbow bridge like everyone keeps telling me. I can't bear the idea that my baby is simply gone.

Same here.  I'm trying to believe; I think you can choose to believe and "act as if"... for a while anyway.  But then when there is only silence, doubt creeps in.  I can't cope with the idea that she could be gone forever.  If a soul is energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed, then, it must be somewhere...  even if the "rainbow bridge" is just an idea from a poem.  It's a lovely idea, but, it's a poem someone wrote.
I envy people with strong faith, in whatever, the comfort it brings them.

furevercasey wrote:
Some times his descriptions were so vague, he could have been describing anyone. Sometimes I felt like I was supplying the information. Sometimes, though, he was eerily accurate in describing someone. I came away feeling like it was like everything else in life - you believe what you want to believe.

"The client makes the medium", or words to that effect.  I'm currently reading "Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife" by Mary Roach, and there's a chapter about mediums, that pretty well echoes this.  That sometimes they're fishing for information, or it's quite general, and the client can take away the parts that they choose to believe in.  Which sounds pretty vague to me.

Looks like Mike hasn't been here for a couple of weeks.  I for one would like to hear more stories from people who've tried this, and WHO they saw or talked to, and who is recommended, or not.
Quote 0 0
Evie123
Hi my friend, I am so sorry for your loss and know your pain. I tried 2 pet psychics and yes they did help me and told me things that were true and also their kindness helped me also. Even if it may have been coincidence or guessing, knowing I had made the effort to connect to my beautiful girl and just being able to indulge in talking about her for an hour each time gave me comfort. I spent a long time researching before parting with money and it wasn't more than about £45 for an hour reading over the phone and by e mail. I would say give it a go if you want to feel closer to your fur baby, even if you retain some skepticism. X
Quote 0 0
PrinceVenus

It’s been a month since I lost my soulmate. I’m still searching daily for books, videos, mediums, tarot cars, anything that can convince me he’s ok somewhere
 I’m devastated and I hate this useless life
 I’m angry at all the psychics especially when they look so real they’re the most expensive, I guess those ones took out a bigger loan for marketing

I’m supposed to talk to people and get referred to one but no one I know is into these things nor can feel my pain
 I’m so lost I’ve never felt so alone and why won’t my pet contact me?? 
why is there a certain person who can and knows how to receive and interpret messages and are they just bs ing me? I can make up a bunch of bs too! 

i can say positive things too and say don’t worry be happy it’s all love everything is good I feel this and I see that who can prove it

i still want to believe though because I’m desperate

looking for referrals

email me at backtothepast976@gmail.com

im aware than plenty of people will use my grief to send me their friends email pretending they are a medium , what to do 😓

👑 
Quote 0 0