tjill
The situation is that my cat is dying/very sick with chronic kidney disease. I found out about a study that would aid research into chronic kidney disease:

Quote:

The Veterinary Teaching Hospital at Colorado State University is researching something called cell senescence. In order to do this, the researchers need to obtain kidney samples from deceased cats. The ashes of the deceased cat would be returned to owners within about a week.

The kidney samples would also help with studies into whether nausea and lack of appetite in cats with CKD are caused by a specific condition, and to better understand the stages of kidney disease.

They are in Colorado; I am in New York.  I just don't know where to begin when it comes to preparing and shipping my cat's remains.

Has anyone done this? Can anyone give me any feedback or advice?

TY in advance!

Wishing you all the best,
Tara
Quote 0 0
1sillychick
I would contact the University. They may even make the arrangements for you.
Quote 0 0
Luckys_Mom
Tara,

I've never did this before with animal remains, but I can tell you that CSU is a great university & their veterinary school is one of the best in the country. I live about 7 miles south of CSU & would be happy to help you, if needed. Just let me know.

Kristin
In my heart forever, shining face.

My wonderful, beautiful Lucky: 1-27-1999 to 7-18-2014
Quote 0 0
Katel
I'm so sorry your little cat is dying, it is very thoughtful of you to consider helping with
medical research like that.  Yes, contact the university and I'm sure they will help you with all the arrangements.
Please do come back and share your feelings with us, this must be a very hard time for you.
Blessings.
Quote 0 0