Hollyoak Show full post »
dan

You are not alone, I am just going through the motions right now, I love my fur babies with all my heart, and their loss is almost more than we can bear. All of my babies are rescues and they couldn't be more special. Talking with others who have the same pain helps, but reunion is the only cure

Quote 0 0
Hollyoak

moonglow wrote:
I found one of Archie's kibbles on the floor in the kitchen this morning. It was like a little gift from him! I started vacuuming today for the first time after my surgery and Archie's passing.
I started crying so much because he was a cream colored persian and there was always lots of his fur to vacuum. Today there was no fur. I did not vacuum the places he slept because I want to keep it there. This grief  comes over me like a huge wave. I pray to my higher power to help me with it because I can't handle it. I know Archie is with god in heaven and fine, but I am here and feeling very alone without him to care for and love. He was my little bundle of love and I miss him. I'm going to the gym (another 1st after surgery) and walk on the treadmill.
Maybe that will help lift me out of this depression. I send my love and prayers to every one here and thank you for reading my post.
God bless
Moon

Aw, thank you, Moon. And thanks for sharing your feelings with us about Archie. I reckon Archie's an absolute gorgeous persian. :) I can just picture it. :)

That's great news to hear you're slowly getting back up onto your feet again. With the vaccumming and going to the gym. :) They say exercise helps lift depression as well as eating plenty of foods rich in vitamins B, like spinach and broccoli. (Whadda ya know -- two of my favorites!)

I'm coming around, too, slowly. I've just got through chapter 1 of my Official Florida Driver's Handbook. Alas, I haven't a driver's license yet all these years. I guess what deterred me the most was years back when I was still in MD, and my older sis got into a car accident. She came home and her face was really scary. Her nose broke when her seatbelt that she was wearing, broke, and her face hit the steering wheel. And somehow she managed to come back home and when I saw her, I freaked out. She was a basketcase, so, um, yeah, the sight of seeing my sis with a major broken nose like that was not pretty!! In fact, I was completely turned off from driving or getting a learner's or anything, after hearing and seeing that horror story along with hearing numerous mishaps with my sisters getting into trouble. Not because they caused it but... it just freaked me out so much I just didn't want to drive for the longest time. But now things have finally settled down enough for me to muster up the confidence to finally get me one. So I'm working on getting that under my belt.

So I been making some progress as well. Slowly, but surely. But it's gonna be really hard when February and March come around... those two months are gonna be my most darkest hour -- or months, so to speak -- because it's the time period where our beloved furbabies passed away.

My mom's beautiful, electric white, Standard Poodle named Belle, she passed away some time in February a couple years back. And we also lost my youngest sister's dog, Snapple, along a similiar time frame as well. Snapple was my sister's male shiht zu that we were looking after during her time at College. So, um, it's not gonna be easy for me when those months come around.. Sighs...

-Holly
Quote 0 0
Hollyoak
dan wrote:

You are not alone, I am just going through the motions right now, I love my fur babies with all my heart, and their loss is almost more than we can bear. All of my babies are rescues and they couldn't be more special. Talking with others who have the same pain helps, but reunion is the only cure

Thanks, Dan. So happy to hear your furbabies are rescues. :) They so way deserve every ounce of love they can get from us humans willing to take them in when we can, money and space permitting.

Yep, definitely talking I'm finding out has helped a lot.

Yah... I hear ya about the reunion part. Except I always end up crying in the dreams when I see my furbabes that have recently passed away. It's only a partial reunion to me because we never lose that special connection and I have the ability to revisit my beloved furbabes a lot of times. So, it's really hard on me at times. I guess I just love them sooo much I really reeeeaaally miss them very badly.

-Holly
Quote 0 0