tikibarb
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating today.  Losing a beloved pet can really put a damper on the holidays and make it very difficult to enjoy anything.  I am thankful today for all the friends I have found on this site who have helped me get through the worst days of my life.  I am also thankful that I had almost 5 years with Ted who taught me the meaning of unconditional love and selfless giving.  Ted was a wonderful companion and I love him even more today than I did yesterday.  Even though he is gone almost 6 months now, I think about him every day.  I remember all the funny things he did and how he sat behind me on my chair while I worked.  I remember how he would gently scratch at the covers on the bed for me to lift them up so he could snuggle under.  He was perfectly capable of getting under on his own, he just chose to have my assistance!  One of my most find memories of Ted was that he was like Gumby when he was tired.  He would get all comfortable in whatever position he chose and if I was feeling needy, I could pick him up and put him in any position I chose, mostly laying in the crook of my arm like a baby.  He would just kind of hang there like a rag doll as I was picking him up without any complaint.   I hope each of you are able to think of a couple of things that your babies made you thankful for.  I know it may be very difficult for some of you whose loss is more recent.  But, try to think of one or two things that make you smile.  They are all watching over us now and they need to know that we are OK too.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
judylinn

Thanks for making me smile. I can just see how you could mold him...very cute. Remembering some things that make you smile, really does help.  Judy

Quote 0 0
donnalee

I love that Gumby story!   They made us smile so much.    So, that is the least we can do is think of those wonderful memories.  All they wanted to do was make us happy.  I'm smiling now just thinking about Scottie and some of his cute antics!   Thanks Barb. 

Quote 0 0
jen2010

Cute story l hope you have a peaceful and happy  thanksgiving barb

Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Beautiful words for a handsome little man, Ted!
I send Love to you and Pippin.
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0