tikibarb
Happy Thanksgiving Judy...and to all other Canadians up there.  I have been off the boards for a couple of days and wanted to let you know that I was back.  Just really busy, sad about Ted's 3 month anniversary and had visiting relatives.  Hope everyone is OK as we all go through this horrific grieving process.  I think I am doing as well as can be expected.  Pippin has helped immensely and I have been keeping busy. I think we are starting to build Ted's little dog park next week.  A couple of my son-in-laws friends have volunteered to come over and dig post holes and such in exchange for being able to use the area for their dogs to run free.  I am very excited about it.  I will post some pictures as it develops... 
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Leigh
Wondered where you've been and glad you're okay.
How can it be 3 months already that Ted's been gone?  Seems like forever but then it seems like yesterday, doesn't it?
Ted's Dog Park sounds wonderful!  Pippin will have fun in it and so will the other dogs.  Yes, please...pics of the project would be great to see!
Can I ask you a question?  Why did you name your fur baby Ted?
(hugs)
Leigh
Quote 0 0
tikibarb
Yes, I am really looking forward to the dog park...Ted was named Teddie originally because he had this wild but soft and silky hair, kind of like a teddy bear.  As he got older, the name just migrated to Ted.  Our Jack Russell is named Jack so it just kind of stuck.  I really miss him, he was such a character and he loved me like nobodies business.  It's really hard moving forward without him but I am doing OK.
Barbara Lyngarkos
My Beloved Ted 8/7/2005 - 7/7/10
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/TED001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Leigh
That's sweet that Ted was like a teddy bear.
Our son named Mary when he was 8.  He said she made him happy like it was Christmas, so he named her after Merry Christmas.  He decided to spell her name Mery but forgot to tell me. lol  Since Mary was half Dachshund and half Rottweiler, her middle name was Roxie.  Actually her first name "legally" was Marabella after a favorite restaurant my husband used to go to in Washington.
Glad you're doing okay.  Don't you hate those days when there's more steps back than forward?

Quote 0 0
judylinn
Barb, I am so excited about your dog park, what a wonderful wonderful thing to do in ted's honor. I am so happy for you. you will be making so many other people happy, and the dogs as well. I cant wait to see pictures.

Leigh that is such a cute thing about your son naming her mary after merry christmas, it made me smile.
thanks for the thanksgiving wishes...I have much in my life to be thankful for, including my new friends here.
Here is a kiss sent to you sweet Maddie, I am most thankful for you.

Donnalee, you are missed.
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Hi All,
I'm back from the beautiful Texas Hill country....back to flat, flat Houston!  It was a very good weekend.    What great stories about how Ted and Mary got their names.   Barb, I didn't realize you were building a dog park...I can't imagine a better thing to do in Ted's memory...a place where others can play and run and be happy.  Can't wait to see pictures!

Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!  Hope you have a wonderful holiday.
Quote 0 0